Jetblue 190 Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HTML:
Why not, you will be getting 1/2 the pay to fly them. Why not 1/2 the experience

Great! In that case, all you need to do is double your time and you'll be barely qualified.

Maybe...

Jetlag said:
Just wondering if JB will have different mins to hire 190 crews?
To really answer your question without the rhetoric, no, we are not changing the minimums for the EMB190. As it stands now, the same mins apply as they are for the A320. I know we have close to 10,000 apps on file, well, maybe 9998 now because 2 guys here on this forum pronounced that they are pulling their apps because of the payrates. Ooops, I guess I used rhetoric! ;)

C yaaa

Well, if the mins are the same, are you going to be given a choice of the equipment you will fly or are they going to call you for a certain type?

Also, if you have those mins, you are probably at a 121 regional or better to begin with. So why make a lateral move unless there was a move upwards to the 320 at some point?

Just trying to grasp the dynamics!

Dynamics

Dynamics are that they threw some numbers out there for aircraft they do not have and a time frame that is a guess into an environment that is pure speculation.

When they actually have to deal with it, only then will we see what happens. Minimums are just that, competitive mins might be totally different for the two aircraft.

vetteracer said:
Well, if the mins are the same, are you going to be given a choice of the equipment you will fly or are they going to call you for a certain type?

Also, if you have those mins, you are probably at a 121 regional or better to begin with. So why make a lateral move unless there was a move upwards to the 320 at some point?

Just trying to grasp the dynamics!

Good questions. Although the "official" plan is not out yet, these questions have been asked by our Pilot Group to the Uppers at recent meetings. As it stands now, yes, a new hire will have a choice of either the A320 or E190. Each new guy will have to weigh out the choice. I also heard that if a guy wants to hold out for a few months waiting for say a A320 slot (which is the most likely scenario due to the higher pay) they may but they will be by-passing seniority on the company list while they wait. Obviously the upgrade time on the E190 will be much faster and as time goes by the time to upgrade on the A320 will be greater. Right now the time is about 2 years (I think) and a new hire may be able to upgrade on the E190 in as little as 6 months. There is also going to be a 2 year equipment lock (not seat lock) on both planes.

One point and I have seen this question here many times; there will be, repeat, will be ONE seniority list for JetBlue.

To answer your second question, well, I won't go there because I get flamed enough already. But IMO, a move from a regional to JB is not lateral in many respects. I guess from an equipment standpoint it is but QOL is pretty good at JetBlue and the future looks pretty bright from where I sit.

Hope this helped.

C yaaa

Last edited:
don't forget, single list

I'm surprised that, even with all the Blue Bashing that's going on (first out of jealousy and now because of the 190 "tenative" payrates) that people still think there are going to be seperate lists or groups, and/or lifetime equipment freezes.

JB (according to David) intends on operating a single list with the ability to cross bid equipment, although not every year. But even Delta offered I think 2 year freezes. Bouncing around 4 different seats at an airline with rapid expansion in a short period of time is pretty stupid for everyone. Sticking the company with a 10 or 20 thousand dollar training bill just to get a 5 or 10 thousand dollar raise for a year or maybe two before you move up again hurts everyone. Talk about a waste of negotiation capital.

I heard it will also be hard to go from left seat EMB to right seat bus, but its the same here at Comair. Left seat to right seat, or right seat to lower paying right seat are both 3 year freezes. And that's with a single fleet type with only differences training.

One thing I wonder is how will JB handle such a big disparity for people's first year (or two) without a single first year pay rate? Immagine being hired in January (06 to keep it simple) making 39 and then classes 6 months or a year junior to you get hired making 55? As long as you can upgrade in less than a year or bid the right seat of bus at the first available vacancy, I can see some serious ill will developing over the years, especially when growth (correction...movement) isn't as rapid. That's begging for a civil war and the dreaded "U" word. I hope relations don't deteriorate there over that issue and management "does the right thing".

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. What is the speculation for having them up and running?

I guess the question will be the availability to have the flow through to the A320.

Mark

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back