• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet University, BABY!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright, I did the dirty work for everyone. (You're welcome) I called and spoke with a guy named Bob. Nice guy and "seemed" very straight foward and honest. Here ya go:
I only inquired about the FO program.
$33,000 = 500TT (250 FE then 250 FO) flying 727's for Custom Air Transport. Must go to Miami area for 2 months for training (he said "in a beautiful building with 18 full motion sims"). After training you get to go back home and they give you positive space tickets on airlines to go fly all over the country. Work for CAT lasts about 10 months including the 2 months of training. You make 30/hour..per diem with CAT who has an overflow contract with UPS. So you make 18k of your 33k back. He said the program has been around for 6 years but has not been advertised. Something called Sim Center that trained pilots for CAT were the folks doing this for pretty much the same price I guess. He stated that in the past if someone were hired to stay on with CAT permanently they make 45/hr as F/O. For financing he only mentioned Wachovia. Also, he was very straight foward about himself and 2 or 3 others leaving Gulfstream (Which he referred to as "another pay for training program") to start this program.

mcjohn said:
Alright, I did the dirty work for everyone. (You're welcome) I called and spoke with a guy named Bob. Nice guy and "seemed" very straight foward and honest. Here ya go:
I only inquired about the FO program.
$33,000 = 500TT (250 FE then 250 FO) flying 727's for Custom Air Transport. Must go to Miami area for 2 months for training (he said "in a beautiful building with 18 full motion sims"). After training you get to go back home and they give you positive space tickets on airlines to go fly all over the country. Work for CAT lasts about 10 months including the 2 months of training. You make 30/hour..per diem with CAT who has an overflow contract with UPS. So you make 18k of your 33k back. He said the program has been around for 6 years but has not been advertised. Something called Sim Center that trained pilots for CAT were the folks doing this for pretty much the same price I guess. He stated that in the past if someone were hired to stay on with CAT permanently they make 45/hr as F/O. For financing he only mentioned Wachovia. Also, he was very straight foward about himself and 2 or 3 others leaving Gulfstream (Which he referred to as "another pay for training program") to start this program.
Thank you... nice job.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. We aren't even going to have jobs after June 30th. Menlo kicks CAT out of Dayton. We got nothing else lined up so far. You will only be wasting your money.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back