• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet to Pick Up Elder Bush Was Warned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are only 2 people who know for sure. They aren't talking. Let the NTSB analyze the CVR before we criticize anyone.

Crash...misset alt

What about the #%**&## RADAR ALTIMETER ??? Even if missetting the Baro, the radbar would give a minimums warning......:cool:

I personally Knew one of the pilots and I am sad.

rvsm410 said:
"The controller talked with the aircraft approximately two minutes before the accident and asked them to check their altitude because they saw them at somewhere approximately 400 feet," said Rosenker.

It was not immediately known if the crew responded[/font]

This doesn't make sense...

the NTSB investigator is obvioulsly interviewing the controller. the controller repsonds that he asked the crew to check altitude.

at this point, I would expect the NTSB investigator to ask "and did the crew respond"?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but if one second the controller remembers on portion of the conversation....

something just doesn't add up with the NTSB's own comments.

Jeeez guys! First of all, radar altimeter...this wasn't a 'flying below minimums' issue: if you follow the glideslope below minimums, you crash into the runway, not a light pole. The reports show the glideslope was operational. The NTSB didn't ASK the controllers for their version, they just listened to the tapes, so they wouldn't need to ASK if there was a response. I agree with one thing, I'm sure not gonna say what happened until the fact are in, but it sure amazes me the misconceptions you 'pilots' have about an instrument approach. Try opening a book every once in a while and brushing up on your 'facts'.

Ace.

Yeah, I'm not sure an ILS enters the equation here. I think that is the assumption people are working under. But what the hell do I know, I'm just a quote unquote pilot.

gunfyter said:
The Glideslope is irrelevant... They weren't on it.

And do you think two pilots who someone lets fly a Gulfstream don't know how to fly a glideslope? Something else was wrong.
How the F&&& do you know if they were (or thought they were) on the glideslope. You weren't there. And guess what, mr. intelligent...there are a LOT of marginal pilots flying Gulfstreams. Just go to FSI someday and see the people they let fly these things (and I'm not talking about charter either.) Proven: put the chief pilot and director of ops in the cockpit together and you've got a very questionable situation. And, yes, if I'm basing by your posts, I am a better pilots (and smarter) than you. Don't tell your wife.

Ace.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
And, yes, if I'm basing by your posts, I am a better pilots (and smarter) than you. Don't tell your wife.

Ace.

You forgot to put "nyah-nyah-nyah so there!"

Smart guy.
:rolleyes:

Glideslope:

Whenever I am on the glideslope... I usually don't crash into 120ft towers 3 miles away from the runway. (as reported). And I usually don't get altitude warnings from ATC when I am on the glideslope.

I am going out on a limb and say they were not on the glidesplope.

Thought they were on the glideslope...? can't help you there. Not a mind reader.

The controller talked with the aircraft approximately two minutes before the accident and asked them to check their altitude because they saw them at somewhere approximately 400 feet

Two minutes before the accident they would have been about 4 miles away from where they hit assuming about 2 minutes per mile of groundspeed. Yet ATC reports they were about 400 ft... when they should have been at 1500 ft MSL. They would have been over 7 miles from the runway at 400Ft if ATC is correct.

About 1000 ft low.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back