• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad you can't buy the diesel version here, if you can get 24 out of the V8 then you'd be sure to get 40-45 from the diesel.

I'd love a diesel version! I'm a big fan of modern diesel technology. Unfortunately, for diesel to make a big rally here in the states, the feds will have to reduce diesel regulation. I just don't see it happening.

Your car is still a gas guzzler, if you'd bought an Accord and drove it in the same manner you'd get 40mpg too. Sure it's not union built, but the Accord is just as American as the 300C, probably more so.

I don't care where a car is built or where the parts are built. I care who builds it. If union workers aren't building it, then I'm not interested. Besides, the Accord is too small for my taste. I like bigger cars.

Also, the on board computers for MPG's are notoriously innacurate. The only true way to tell would be pen and paper math.

I've done the old-fashioned math. The OBC is dead on.

Investment tip:
Want to take advantage of peak oil and the global energy crisis that is developing?

Buy gold and gold mining stocks and mutual funds today or in the next few days. The price is bottoming and all the mutual funds are within about 5% of their 200 day moving averages. Gold will do as well as energy in my opinion.

My favorites:
Tocqueville Gold Fund
Fidelity Select Gold Fund
Oppenheimer Gold and Special Minerals Fund
There are a lot of other really good ones.

The time to buy energy stocks and mutual funds is still a couple weeks away.

Eventually like in the 1970's-1980's there will be a time to sell your energy and gold stocks/mutual funds. That time is a long ways away.

Last edited:
The Wall Street Journal article contained some of the most important information possible in my opinion concerning the future supply and demand for oil and there hasn't been one response to it all day.

Is it too much to ask for someone to comment? Am I making too big of a deal out of it?

I figurerd it out:
I'm on EVERYONE'S IGNORE LIST!!
Can't blame y'all! :)

Last edited:
I think you are the one who needs to do the research buddy. And take your blinders off.

I've done quite a bit, actually. The format of a chat board does not lend itself to lengthy explanations.

If you truly believe that all or a significant portion of motor transport in the US could be quickly replaced by battery powered cars charged by solar panels and wind farms, I will simply say that I disagree, as does nearly every serious expert who deals with this subject.

The Wall Street Journal article contained some of the most important information possible in my opinion concerning the future supply and demand for oil and there hasn't been one response to it all day.

Is it too much to ask for someone to comment? Am I making too big of a deal out of it?

I figurerd it out:
Can't blame y'all!

Denial baby, denial.

Everyone here wants to think that this is cyclical, and things are going to get better.

They will eventually, of course. The questions are how long will it take (years or decades?), what will it look like when it's over, and how much pain will there be in the interim?

Remember, there are numerous "Peak Oil" scenarios; some catastrophic, some not so bad. It will probably be somewhere in the middle. Not unlike the climate change freaks . . . there is some truth to what they're saying, but when guys like AG constantly look at improbable worst case scenarios, they look (and are) NUTS.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst and all that.

I figurerd it out:
Can't blame y'all! :)

Jet, the trend is still up long term for oil, but I think the following explains some of the drop after today's inventories came out:

Crude oil inventories declined 8.88 million barrels to 311.6 million last week, the department reported. It was the biggest drop since Sept. 17, 2004 when Hurricane Ivan forced the closing of U.S. oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. The decline was caused by ``temporary delays'' in unloading tankers, the department said.

Oil traded at $129.23 a barrel, down $1.80, before the release of the report at 10:30 a.m. in Washington. Futures rose more than $2 from yesterday's close to $133.12 a barrel after the report's release.

``The initial reaction to the numbers was a big jump,'' said Tom Bentz, a broker at BNP Paribas in New York. ``There are a lot of questions about the numbers, which explains why prices didn't stay up at those levels.''

Early Release

The Energy Department made its weekly supply report available on its Web site before the scheduled release time, Jonathan Cogan, a department spokesman said in a note. Initial indications suggest a malfunction in the system that allows the loading of data while keeping it from public view before the scheduled release time, he said.

``The report just doesn't seem to make sense,'' said Christopher Edmonds, the managing principal of FIG Partners Energy Research & Capital Group in Atlanta. ``I can't help but wonder if next week there will be a reaction and we'll get a large inventory build.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602013&sid=aKexHPkdLi04&refer=commodity_futures

``The report just doesn't seem to make sense,'' said Christopher Edmonds, the managing principal of FIG Partners Energy Research & Capital Group in Atlanta. ``I can't help but wonder if next week there will be a reaction and we'll get a large inventory build.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602013&sid=aKexHPkdLi04&refer=commodity_futures

Let's hope there is that large build next week. That would help the price of oil go even lower....

I think though, when a market is overbought like oil was that even bullish news will be bearish. The traders are just LOOKING for a reason to make the oil price go down.

They did the exact same thing when the price of oil was going up. Looked for any excuse....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back