Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Anyone know how I could get a hold of the tfe731-5/-4 engine breakdown and explanation manual from the manufacturer? Also, the jt15d-5. I am a ground/sim instructor on the hs125 and the be40. I tried googling, but garrett keeps changing there name!

Ummm, TFE731's have been Honeywell for some time now. I think you need to update you manuals a little more often.
Pending on how specific you want, you may look into getting a copy of a LMM (Line Maintenance Manual) for the -5 and -4.

com.merx.npoint.servlets.ImageServlet
In 1975, a prominent aviation magazine group named the Garrett TFE731 aircraft engine its "product of the year" -- and with good reason. The turbofan engine turned out to be the right product at the right time, designed specifically for the business jet market that really took off in the mid-1970s. The engine received star billing in 1976 when a twin-engine Learjet 36 - piloted by golfer Arnold Palmer - set an around-the-world speed record of 57 hours, 25 minutes, shaving nearly 29 hours off the previous record for aircraft of that class. Garrett later became part of AlliedSignal, which merged with Honeywell in 1999. The TFE731 engines that Honeywell produces today are more powerful, reliable and efficient than their 1970s ancestors. The TFE731 is one of the most successful aircraft engine families ever manufactured. Honeywell delivered the 10,000th engine, for a Learjet 45, in 2001 and 99 percent of the TFE731s ever produced are still flying.

FYI, just so that you can stay up to date of more current events:
Sidley-Hawker was bought buy BAe,
BAe sold to Raytheon,
and Raytheon (aircraft services) is in the process of a sell.

Thanks all for the replys. I wasn't looking for actual manuals, I know there is a TFE731 "explanation book" out there. It explains the FCU, Powerplant, EEC's, DEEC's, etc in lamens terms. Oh well, I guess i'll google or ebay it.

Latest resources

Back