Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet drivers don't need permission to taxi??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The flip side of that bent penny.

Vector4fun said:
If some prima-donna in a Gulfstream is the worse you suffer the next 20 years, you'll have been lucky.

Yeah, and can you imagine having to sit next to him in a stuffy little cockpit for six hours?

:mad:

You could probably conspire with the copilot and each of ya take a patella.

:cool:

Relax, Man!

I wouldnt be so upset by the error as I would about the attitude you got over it. There is no excuse to give you a hard time. Attitude is everything. Attitude is what makes people friendly and happy in return (safer and productive too) or ugly and mean in return (dangerous and unproductive).
I know you can't bust a person for attitude but you can use it to tip the scales if you have a hard time deciding. :D

We Are Lost

I am a little late on this one as I was flying but I really want to respond. I fly for a charter operation that is 121 but we do all the weird stuff. One day we are gong to an FBO the next day a remote ramp and the next day to a gate. Once we get on the ground we seem sometimes very confused because we are. The ground handlers don't answer the radio, we do not get the backup we need from the ground. We are just a charter, here today and gone tomorrow.If you are running ground the best thing you can do for us if things seem confusing is say STOP. Tell us to take our time, get on the cell phone or whatever, then get back to you when we know what we are doing. From the flight deck we feel pressure to get out of the way but it is hard. With football season coming up we go to all the weird places on the airport, and sometimes right to the FBO ramp. With a large airplane this is very frustrating. Our charts do not specify the weight limit so we need your help with that. Even when they do with the airplane bouncing it is impossible to see those numbers even with the "old man" specs on. Diffrent airports, diffrent locations, nothing ever the same and sometimes a newbee in the right seat which really becomes a distraction. Thanks for venting, we all need to do that sometimes.

?

Lrjtcaptain said:
Um.....Execjet 785, do you have a 70kt tailwind at 3,000ft??? Um...no why? Well my radar shows your groundspeed of 280kts. Comply with the 200kt rule. "Your radar must be broken!" Always a good one.
QUOTE]

Since I don't have a Radar screen to look at in our Jet and between changing frequency, watching for VFR Traffic that is not reported, heading changes, altitude changes, approach changes, weather radar operation, checklist etc....I hate to say but you guys should tell us the speed. I know this will get some reaction but this is a stupid rule for IFR. I am talk about the 200kt rule.

Last edited:
Hey, it could be worse. You could be working Korean Airlines, Aeroflot, Asiana, JAL, etc. Wild cards all.

Latest resources

Back