Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet drivers don't need permission to taxi??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjtcaptain

Okay, so we get bored sometimes and we have pilot deviation after pilot deviation....3 runway incursions in 3 weeks....and pilots who really don't know how to fly....
Anyways, I have a tendency to have a short fuse from time to time but sometimes we just like to allow pilots to look stupid.

Anyways, today I have a G3 that lands on a runway that wasn't even as published. The local controller was nice, and allowed the Gulfstream a straight into Rwy32 even though 14 was our main active runway. The gulfstream clears at the end makes the turn, joins the parallel taxi way begins to taxi, in the meantime im on the phone with arrival letting them know the gulfstream is down. He finally calls for clrnce to taxi to an FBO. Well, he was already on the movement area, aparently knew where he was going, made a wrong turn taxied onto the wrong ramp, in the meantime the FBO is showing this guy where to park. Well, the truck starts to bring him towards a taxiway that is restricted to 30,000lbs. I stop it there, tell the gulfstream to make a 180 back to Hotel, join Yankee up to taxiway bravo. Well, then I get a line of crap. They are yelling at me. I never issued taxi instructions to begin with due to the fact when they called they were already moving....moving opposite direction as opposed to my other aircraft taxiing to rwy14. I was on the land line and its my fault they are lost and he yelled at me because he said he asked to taxi. He was taxiing before I even had time to respond to him. So from the time he landed to the time he was about to enter the weight restricted taxiway was a good 3/4miles of taxiing and about 3 minutes with out a word out of my mouth.....was I in the wrong for not responding when apparently he knew where he was going but didn't and didn't need taxi clearence from me to do so. At that point when he yelled at me I completly lost it. Im so tired of some of these guys don't think they need clearence for anything, cant comply with any restrictions. Slow to 140kts for slower traffic ahead...Unable...roger, Option466 go around......Arent' most VREF speeds below that in biz jets???
Um.....Execjet 785, do you have a 70kt tailwind at 3,000ft??? Um...no why? Well my radar shows your groundspeed of 280kts. Comply with the 200kt rule. "Your radar must be broken!" Always a good one.

The rest of you guys are a pleasure to work with, I just needed to vent!
Sorry.

Lrjtcaptain said:
I was on the land line.........

You guys need to come up with a new one ;)

Kidding aside, I admire all the controller for the great job they do, I wouldn't last 5 minutes without going nuts.

I'm waiting for the day a controller gets out of the cab with a high powered bolt action rifle...

FlyChicaga said:
I'm waiting for the day a controller gets out of the cab with a high powered bolt action rifle...

And you know it'll be "Mr. Happy" (the real one) in Houston.

Relax, Man!

Did this G3 hit anything? You must have been real busy having him land opposite direction:rolleyes: . I guess you never made a wrong turn.

Hell people make mistakes all the time, and I'll be honest, I feel controllers make a lot less mistakes than pilots, but let it slide, call it a deposit in the karma bank.

Sounds like a typical Gulfstream driver. They are never wrong ya know. :)

Flechas said:
Hahaha, that guy is the best, I don't think he'll ever go postal!!

As long as he and Max (Jet-Lincoln) are working, Houston will be an OK place.

The other day Max was handing everybody off like so: "Jet-Lincoln 2345, contact approach 134 nuthin' and say 'Hi' to Weezy for me. See ya dude!"

I have to say the guys in SLC did one heck of a job the other day when a strong gust blew over the field kicking up dust and triggering W/S alerts. Jets on the go-around every direction, MD-90 min fuel, holding the arrivals at bear and carter, vectors all over the place until the field settled down enough to turn it around. Must have been some nightmare for you ATC'ers. We were fat on gas and enjoying the show!

Good-Job.

LRJT,

Dude, have another beer and go to bed. If some prima-donna in a Gulfstream is the worse you suffer the next 20 years, you'll have been lucky.

Wait until you have some psycho ex-wife making anonymous hotline calls to Security, while you're paying her $1500/mo. THEN you'll have problems. I know a few folks in that situation.....

Latest resources

Back