Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

majordavid

JetBlue guys or applicants can maybe answer this: on the mins page it says 1000 PIC (signing for the A/C). I noticed that turbine is missing...soooooo is it possible that you could apply without 1000 PIC turbine, or am I going to piss off HR with applying......Just trying to put a little hope in my life after staring down the barrel of my third regional in two years.

majordavid,

Apply..... It's not 1000 turbine PIC, just 1000 pic. It used to be turbine but it was changed about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm not sure how the "new" online app is but update as often as you can. (once or twice a month) Most importantly, change the date you can start to two weeks from your update every time. If you dont your profile won't even show up when they are doing a search for apps.

Hope that helps. Sorry about that gun that pointed your way. You must be at Air Wis.

majordavid said:
Just trying to put a little hope in my life after staring down the barrel of my third regional in two years.
I'm trying a little hope after my 3rd major in three years.........Ok, two majors and one national.

Any hope of getting an interview without a LOR?

"Sorry about that gun that pointed your way. You must be at Air Wis."

Bingo..... Thanks for the info, I appreciate greatly!!!

Yes and no to the LOR.... You need three of them. None of them have to be from JB guys. Make sure you trust who ever writes them cause JB hiring will call them and talk to them for about 20mins. It should probably be someone you flew with for a month or so.

You have to bring these LOR to the interview with you so there is no rush. Start pounding out your app.

The head of hiring (Dean) told a group of us last summer that JB doesn't even look at a LOR (from a Jb guy or anyone else) until your name and info is in front of the hiring board. ie you've already interviewed and just waiting on the word. So, a LOR from a JB guy won't help to get the interview. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not! It does level the playing field and get's rid of the "good old boy" hiring!!!

JB is going to do a bunch of hiring for the next two years. I'm not sure exactly what the numbers are but I think that I heard 250 next year and 450 the year after that.

Good luck

Don't

Don't go to JetBlue.
1. The pay is terrible.
2. You will only work there for five years until they don't renew your working agreement and then you will be fired. They do this so that they can keep the labor costs low.
3. It won't matter anyway because when they have to start paying for the airplanes (they are getting them for free now) they will lose money and go out of business.
4. Blue is dumb.

Did I leave anything out. Just wanted to be the first one. :)

Hey DD,

1. Pay is Ok. Cleared 7k last month w/17 days off.
2. Been here over 5 years, still no pink slip and new contract is at home waiting for me to sign it.
3. Try reading the SEC filings on how we pay for our airplanes.
4. I can live with Blue as long as I see the Green.
5. Don't insult us by applying.

JB Bus Drvr said:
Hey DD,

1. Pay is Ok. Cleared 7k last month w/17 days off.

Hey JB...

DD's post is called FLAME BAIT...

Best to ignore the idiot...

Jetjockey said:
I'm trying a little hope after my 3rd major in three years.........Ok, two majors and one national.

Any hope of getting an interview without a LOR?

There is hope to getting hired without knowing anyone there. I did. You still have to have 3 lor's from people that you have flown with. Those people will get a call and asked the same questions you get at the interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back