Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LEDSLEDDRVR

I think that's about it. I say that just after I found out another friend of mine who interviewed at Jet Blue and was furloughed off Delta a month ago, was also rejected. And here I sit with over 3500 hours PIC in aircraft over 20K and Jet PIC time totaling over 7500 hours. OH WELL....................Guess I'll wait for SWA
FLY SAFE GANG

I have a good friend that was furloughed by Delta, he is currently in training at Jetblue. He is a C-17 reservist with about 5500 hours and probably around 2500-3000 of that is PIC.

Good Luck

FNG,
Who is the guy from C-17 at Charleston. I'm at Randolph just about ready to put my apps in with JB and was wondering if iI knew him from C-17 @Charleston.

JB Hiring?

You guys don't let the rejections at JB get you down.I've known guys with thousands of hours in the bus along with two checkairman on the thing that both got turned down.Another guy went in with nothing but 19 seat turbo prop time and is now a pretty senior capt' over there.........go figure

I will continue to update my app with Jet Blue, but I can almost assure that I won't be called because of the amount of 737 PIC time I have. I'm sure their first thought is, "oh yeah, this guy's gonna stick round long enough to hired by SWA then he's outta here". Would be nice to fly a bus though.
Take care gang!

We all know that it is a personality interview. So your hours get you the interview, your personality has to do the rest.

Not sure you comments are so accurate.
I'm a furloughed Delta guy and I met two other Delta guys at my JB interview. All 3 of us have made it into phase-2 (background checks) . Also there were lots of USAirways guys there with Mega PIC time. One fellow was a USAirways Capt who was flying with USA since 1986 and he also made it to P-2. I got the impression they wanted the most experienced guys they could find because upgrade to Capt was so quick. Keep that app updated. The next interview group should be in early Feb.

Hmmmmmmmmmm "MEGA PIC TIME" eh? 12,600 PIC, 3500 in turbo props(wonder if I still know how to start one of those) 7800 PIC JET. Something like that eh? Then maybe I'll still hear something from them. Take care gang! Have a Happy Holiday Season!

Guys, I think you're missing the point. Flight time is great, but all it's good for is for getting an interview. It won't get you the job. If that were the case, they'd just weigh your logbooks and those with the most hours would get hired.

Once you get the interview, hours don't matter. Total time, jet PIC time, A320 time, etc. is more or less irrelevant when it comes time for selection. Why should it? It's not a good predictor of success. 3000 hr pilots, 15000 hr pilots, all jet time, no jet time, lots of 121 PIC, no 121 time at all; all of these describe new hires who are now successful captains, so there's no point in restricting hiring only to very high time pilots.

Everyone who gets an interview is fully qualified from an "hours" point of view. Nobody in the interview is "more qualified" than anyone else based on logbooks alone. You compete on different standards than "mine is bigger than yours."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back