Jet Blue route map

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ultrarunner

Just an observation, but I took a quick look at the Jet Blue route map, and except for the three rust-belt towns in NY (which are basically obligation destinations) and a couple of short runs out west and one or two in the east, EVERYTHING is basically long-haul.

I would think as the 190's come online, they will replace the 5 or 6 current short leg city pairs they currently fly.....

Looks like some good positioning.

Basically, the bigger the airplane the longer the stage length that optimizes it. But, if you have <100 seats, other fixed costs aren't spread out on enough seats.

It's a nice theory, replacing A320's with E190's on short hauls, but the A320's are full most of the time. You'd have to replace a full A320 with a couple of 3/4 full E190's, each of which cost more per seat. That doesn't make much sense.

What is more likely to happen is that rather than eliminate current A320 frequencies on a seasonal basis, they'll probably keep the flight but down-gauge to the E190. They'll also use the E190 to open new markets and up-gauge some of the more popular frequencies to the A320 as they catch on. There's a lot of flexibility here, especially having eliminated the service quality difference between "regional" and "mainline". It's all mainline.

There's a lot of flexibility here, especially having eliminated the service quality difference between "regional" and "mainline". It's all mainline.

Maybe the service quality is "mainline", but I can promise you the pilot wages are "regional". By the way, do the JB flight attendants make less money to fly the EMB jets????

I dont know, there's alot of Florida flying in there too. 2.5 hours each way we dont really consider long haul. But yes, the 320 and the airline in general, does do alot of long legs.

It's rather simple, the 190 will fly mostly routes that are traditionally 50-seat RJ routes... Consider it the RJ killer... JFK-RIC, JFK-BOS..

BOS-PBI, BOS-AUS, BOS-NASSAU and the same destinations from JFK don't seem like traditional RJ routes. This aircraft has a lot more potential than the EMB145 or CRJ.:D

BLUE BAYOU said:
It's rather simple, the 190 will fly mostly routes that are traditionally 50-seat RJ routes... Consider it the RJ killer... JFK-RIC, JFK-BOS..

I can imagine a few different ways to employ this EMB 190. And many ways to challenge it too. But I think it is certain the EMB will be taking some relatively long haul RJ flying. I also predict some short haul RJ flying too. It depends on the size of the market, but any city with multiple RJ frequency looks vulnerable, IMHO.

There is a lot of low hanging fruit out there for JetBlue to pick.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back