Jet Blue Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

potrack

What do Jet Blue pilots get paid per hour?? I hear you guys are on a 5 year contract and you could not get re-newed after 5 years? Is this true?

Yes, That is absolutely true. We all signed on for 5 years and only 5 years. We can never get another year with the company after that 5 years is up.

Maybe that will kill that rumor. The actual explanations never seem to.

Chaz

No, I heard different

chazman, doesn't it go this way, after five years, you get a new contact at the bottom of the seniority list, and first year pay as an F/O. It is part of JB cost containment program. This came from the same people who say AA 77 did not fly into the Pentagon.

Been covered ....

Recommend YOU do a search of the archives. This topic was covered extensivly a few months ago.
Good answer from search ....

[font=&quot]"JB Bus Drvr [/font]
[font=&quot]Registered User[/font]
[font=&quot]Join Date:[/font][font=&quot] May 2004[/font] [font=&quot]Posts:[/font][font=&quot] 30[/font]
[font=&quot]Aircraft Experience:[/font][font=&quot] a few, airplanes and helicopters[/font] [font=&quot]Flight Experience:[/font][font=&quot] both[/font]
[font=&quot]Ratings:[/font][font=&quot] BH47, A320[/font]
[font=&quot]Current Position:[/font][font=&quot] Capt., DPE[/font]
[font=&quot]Total Time:[/font][font=&quot] 9000+[/font]
[font=&quot]It's a five year agreement that has an "Evergreen" clause in it. That means the provisions of the agreement remain in place virtually forever. We are in the process of forming a new agreement but nobody has been let go at the end of the current agreement. Costs to much to replace and the quickest way to get a union on the property would be to do something dumb like that. FWIW, the agreement is basically styled after a standard ALPA contract. "[/font]

Just remember as a Captain, at any carrier, you are on a 1 year contract. Think about failure to pass a PC.

Nobody at JB has been terminated at the end of their 5 year contract. Nor does anybody expect there will be.

potrack said:
What do Jet Blue pilots get paid per hour?? I hear you guys are on a 5 year contract and you could not get re-newed after 5 years? Is this true?
Hmmmm.... let's see. The first guys on the property came here 5 years ago (and perhaps a week). Since I didn't see a bunch of guys turn into pumkins a week ago, that must mean that their 5 year agreement automatically renewed for another 5 years, just like their agreement said. So I guess the nasayers have to wait another whole 5 years to start the rumor that when your contract is up you get fired.

Skirt

No NO NO!

Jetblue's management is just going to rake over the pilot force AGAIN! This 5 year contract is another example of how management there abuses and owns its pilots. Like the last time they $crewed over a bunch of guys like....uh.....um...well.... Oh heck...you know even though they've been good to their word up until now they are just waiting to take advantage of us down the road!

Too bad we don't have a contract that protects us and our retirement benefits like we do at Delta, United, and US Air. THEN we'd know we'd always be safe from any bad turns by management. Heck, management can't hurt us AT ALL if we have a good contract, right? Because with a good contract, we can have bad management, bad customer service, archaic reservation systems, and no matter how much money our company loses we'll always be safe--because it is in the contract!

Look bros...I'm an ALPA member. I support our collective bargaining at FDX. However, no contract keeps you getting paid--profits do. You can sign whatever you want but they day your company goes Chpt 7/11/ or whatever your contract is now trash. JB has a satisified crew force that is making decent money with good job growth prospects. If it ain't your cup of tea...then don't apply. We've got rooom at FDX if you want to be an ALPA guy (and I love working here), SWA has their SWAPA group (if you need a union but are bitter at ALPA) and good old UPS and its IPA are about to start hiring soon. Don't forget AirTran and Frontier... However, so far I've seen the JB team stay true to their words and have taken care of their crew force. How many other airlines can say that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back