Jet Blue Pay Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Laptops are just cool

The weight and balance issue is just one small fraction of what we use our laptop for.

I just work here, but- every time we use the W/B program, it is recorded and sent to Big bro for monitoring/record keeping etc.

Also, being the (semi) paperless co. that we are, all company correspondence is carried out by email- Outlook specifically. No MS v Mac arguments please. So it helps to have pilots that can connect almost at will.

All our pubs are on the computer, from MEL, FOM to you name it. As a work in progress airline these are constantly being updated, revised and changed. With around 400 pilots and 30+ airplanes I can only imagine the paperchase involved in keeping everything and everyone on the same page. I imagine a bulk of the 'savings' comes from the fact that to update 400 paper FCOM books through the mail or even in your 'inbox', vice one mass email with a .pdf file attached, and auto updated would pay for a bunch of laptops. Before I go too far out on a limb, how are pubs at other airlines updated? and I don't mean Jeps, but SOP's and some of the weightier books? The records are all automatically updated and confirmed in the FAA mandated 7 day window and everything/everyone is happy, and there are no lost pages as well.

Additionally, I would expect the feds to being paying close attention to the new kids on the block-thus if they want to inspect record keeping, they can just open their computer up, and start browsing JB files for who is out of date, who isn't, and when. None of the 'polishing of the turd' as saw in my military life when records were inspected by outside people. Everything is transparent 24/7 and forces the company to stay on the ball with updaters, and there are no surprise phone calls from the FAA

There are problems with the wear and tear on laptops, theft and the like, but by and large they seem to work out for us and the company. But buying 25+ laptops/month UFN can only help in the bulk savings department. Quality of life as well, which JB seems to give thought to as well. Apparently other companies make their pilots buy their uniforms. Its the little things...

That is how a laptops for pilots are justified. Again I just work here, and I don't know much, but that is the way things have been splained to me, and what I have observed. Plus they are just cool.

Also, I think this internet thing isn't just a fad, but is here to stay, and can be used. Its all good.

Latest resources

Back