• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Pay Rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to AIR INC, at 80 hrs/month (guarantee is 70) you get 3440/mth first year. Folks are saying that upgrade happens at that point. If so then 2nd yr CAPT is 6800/mth, 3rd yr 7200/mth, 4th yr 7800/mth, 5th yr hits max pay at 8000/mth. Again, all based on 80 hrs/mth. I had heard at an AIR INC job fair the JB guys said that Capts were making $120K per year so either the numbers above are wrong or they are flying a lot of overtime. maybe a JB guy would like to chime in??

Air Inc, as usual, has garbage for gouge.

In Oct 01, pay was upped about 30% at JetBlue. I used to have the numbers but any of the JB guys on the board should have them. It is considerably better than Air Incs stuff.

By the way--if they can't update info over a year old, how well do you think they do interview prep?

Hey sorry I didn't respond earlier.

First year F/O $56 an hour for the first 70 hours
First year C/O $110 an hour for the first 70 hours

Anything over 70 is paid at time and a half.

I'd have to pull out my contract to give you the rest of the breakdown, but I'm on a layover (using the jetBlue issued laptop I might add).:p

What?

jointops said:
Hey sorry I didn't respond earlier.

First year F/O $56 an hour for the first 70 hours
First year C/O $110 an hour for the first 70 hours

Anything over 70 is paid at time and a half.

I'd have to pull out my contract to give you the rest of the breakdown, but I'm on a layover (using the jetBlue issued laptop I might add).:p

S²,
What? You mean you don't have the contract on your computer in Word, sorted alphabetically, and cross referenced by footnotes? What happened to all that SOS stuff we learned? What kind of outfit are you working for anyway?

PS - The boys are crazy about their new sister.

W,

I've delegated those responsibilities to my retiree spouse. I'll have to call a staff meeting to see where things stand.

I've had more important uses for the laptop. Such as figuring the performance program we use in lieu of central load planning.

It's a great feeling to take off ahead of others because we're not waiting for the "numbers".

Are you sitting side seat or slinging gear these days? Send me a PM. Good to hear 5th time was the charm for C to get her girl.

Not a pay rate post, but in repsonse to jointops remarks about his laptop, I just read an article in CIO magazine about JB's use of technology to improve it's operations and customer service. It was determined that the use of laptop computers to calculate the load numbers in the cockpit saves the airline about 4,800 hours annually in ground delay time. If you divide that number by the daily utilization rate (13 hrs/day/aircraft), that comes out to 369 days, or basically one less aircraft needed to support the annual schedule. This doesn't even touch the savings in paper and administration costs to manage flight pub changes. And some people think that JB pays too much money for its computers as a cost of doing business.

Link to article:

www.cio.com/archive/070102/jetblue_content.html

They look like a great company doing many innovative things, and the pay and bennies look great, but I have to question the "savings" associated with doing the computations on a laptop.

There is only a savings if the numbers aren't done prior to the door closing. Our system is so easy, it only takes 3-4 minutes from the time I get the final numbers, and since they only have to be accurate within 5 pax and/or 5 bags, if someone gets me the slip (or if I get my @ss out of the seat and get it myself) then I can have the numbers done before the last 5 pax are"comfortably seated" . . . hence no savings!

Don't forget the other things

I have waited more than a couple of times while 'waiting for the numbers' and it sure seems like more than a few minutes. We can also get numbers for different runways and intersection takeoffs, so we are ready to adjust and cut to the front of the line, which is nice at JFK.

Also, for us to update pubs, we just crack our laptops open and everything is auto updated for us, everytime. We get a confirmation email as well that we reply to that satisfies the FAA (although the big brother computer logs it anyway during the auto update). Talk about easy. Did I mention our laptops are also wireless, so we can do it from the lazy boys in the crew lounge. It is low maintenace. I sweat having to do the periodic Jeppeson updates I have gotten so lazy.

This coupled with the bulk savings JB gets buying the laptops, I would think they pay for themselves rather quickly. Just trying to dispel some myths.

Hey, laptops sound great, but I reiterate my point-

A savings is only realized if it is faster than the original process, AND at a time that the savings results in less cost. In other words, having a laptop to work on while strapped into a recliner in the crew lounge doesn't necessarily save the company money, but it does improve quality of life for crew- that, I'll grant you!

A runway change to me means that I must refer back to the book (that I have already tabbed to the appropriate page) and make sure I still qualify for the de-rated take-off power setting, then I must (gasp!) grab the color-coded laminated speed card and get the new numbers, and enter them manually into the FMS- total time for us- maybe 90 seconds- not much of a savings- especially since it occurs before reaching the runway . . . .

Now, if our original process was more difficult, then it would result in more savings . . . . thankfully, ours is a simple process, and therefore, I don;t see where the savings come from . . . .

Latest resources

Back