• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Interviews week of 1/10/08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The wait can be a marathon, so try to relax. Took me three months to get the call. Especially if you have a sorted corporate 135 background, like I did.

From what I can see, the Feb 6th class will be a mix of 320/190. You will bid for aircraft on day one based on class seniority (age).

Good luck!

Same here I got into phase two on 20th of April and got the call the third week of July and started class at the end of August......I waited until the 12th weeks from my interview date plus a day or two and then emailed VK to see what was going on.....turns out I worked for a couple of companies that went out of business so they had to wait it out to see if they would get a reply. Others I interviewed with were in class by early May to late June for the most part. Good luck and try to relax it is either quick or takes forever. Congrats on Phase two.

What kinda things are no-gos for phase 2?

Would alimony or bankruptcy be a deal ender for pilot employment at JB?

Anyone in the know correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that the five member board must meet on Fridays to vote on those that have cleared during the week. Therefore notifications will go out this afternoon or Monday for those that cleared this week. Of course I'm anxiously chewing nails since my current employer has already recieved the PRIA documents. And anyone that has ever flown Pt 135 knows that every 135 operator has two favorite words, "You're Fired!"

Last edited:
What kinda things are no-gos for phase 2?

Would alimony or bankruptcy be a deal ender for pilot employment at JB?

Anything negative that you didn't disclose could cause you to get DQ during phase II. I suppose less than favorable comments from a former employer or a current JetBlue pilot would hurt your case as well. Basically phase II is a background check and assuming that goes well your package goes in front of the hiring committee for one last review. Over 95% of folks in phase II will get a job offer. It's probably higher than that, but I don't want to get your hopes up. :beer:
No, alimony or a BK shouldn't hurt you. Those are just life events. A pattern of BK might be an issue, but a divorce or failed business that resulted in a BK shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind, they already knew about that stuff before you made it to phase II. If it was gonna be a problem it would have stopped you prior to phase II.

No, alimony or a BK shouldn't hurt you. Those are just life events. A pattern of BK might be an issue, but a divorce or failed business that resulted in a BK shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind, they already knew about that stuff before you made it to phase II. If it was gonna be a problem it would have stopped you prior to phase II.
Why would they know about it?

Just a question out of curiosity, but I've never had any employer ask about bankruptcy / divorce / alimony issues, or anything outside of typical aviation required info before, nor have I ever heard of it being a show-stopper at anywhere other than the most picky of corporate jobs.

I've been to interview preps with Chase and others and interviewed more times than I can count, and none of them has ever said to bring it up and it's never disqualified me before...

From a personal standpoint, unless you've been held in criminal contempt for failure to pay your alimony or child support, it's really none of anyone's business if I've been divorced and have to pay alimony and I certainly wouldn't consider it a "disclosable event" for a background check. Same with BR... especially after 9/11 for a lot of guys who were caught unprepared for the fallout (furloughs, etc).

I understand the driving record / flying record / employment background disclosures, but the personal finance stuff? :erm:

Just thought it was an odd question and an odd answer. :cool:

What makes u think the 5 member board meets on Friday? Just curious.

My friend got call last Tues for Feb 6.

He thinks it depends on how fast USIS does your check.

Actually, if you have ever missed a payment on a credit card or if your credit score is not between 720 and 850 then it could be a problem!!

;)

Latest resources

Back