Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Inspector 12

I am not trying to start a JB bashfest.

I am just curious what the masses think about JB starting to post losses. I have an upcoming interview with them and I'm still on the fence as far as what to do if given the job offer. The main reason why I'm onthe fence is that I have a fairly stable job and I'm just uneasy about going to the bottom of the list.

I would love to be able to go to the interview with a clear mind.

You gotta spend money to make money. Losses now are due mostly to growing routes and launching new equipment (once fuel is removed from the equation). Consider the upcoming Q4 loss as an investment.

Mind clear yet?

FlyPig said:
You gotta spend money to make money. Losses now are due mostly to growing routes and launching new equipment (once fuel is removed from the equation). Consider the upcoming Q4 loss as an investment.

Mind clear yet?

Then again, you can continue to throw cash at progressively lower yields.

Anyone got that quote about the definition of insanity?

It was a crap shoot almost 5 years ago when I started here, and it's still a crap shoot, but I think the odds are in my favor. We did OK through 9-11 and continue to do OK. If you are questioning the level of confidence you have in us, perhaps you might consider another option. We have over 12,000 apps. on file of folks willing to take a chance. Who would have ever thought 5 years ago almost all the legacy carriers would be furloughing pilots and in Ch. 11 today. But we all took our chances, some paid off, and unfortunately for some, it did not.

"Anyone got that quote about the definition of insanity?"

In the future when all the legacy carriers are gone, I will use your brilliant comment when we speak about them. Fare wars were started and perfected by the legacy carrier and this practice alone is the most detrimental practice that reduced the yield in this crazy business, not the LCC's. Now a LYLC is what you may be speaking about (LOW YIELD LEGACY CARRIER). All of them chased themselves into the grave and all their employees had to blame somebody but were unable to honestly look in the mirror and see who was to blame in the end. How pathetically sad. But isn't it so typical of our current society, absolutely no accountability. Not my fault...................

quote:]
"All of them chased themselves into the grave and all their employees had to blame somebody but were unable to honestly look in the mirror and see who was to blame in the end."

Am I understanding you correctly when I take that to mean you believe airline employees are the ones to blame for the current situation at the legacy carriers?? If so, how exactly are they to blame??

JohnDoe said:
quote:]
"All of them chased themselves into the grave and all their employees had to blame somebody but were unable to honestly look in the mirror and see who was to blame in the end."

Am I understanding you correctly when I take that to mean you believe airline employees are the ones to blame for the current situation at the legacy carriers?? If so, how exactly are they to blame??

I think he meant their own management, not themselves.

"All of them chased themselves into the grave and all their employees had to blame somebody"

Yes I ment the mgt. of the legacy carriers.

JB Bus Drvr said:
It was a crap shoot almost 5 years ago when I started here, and it's still a crap shoot, but I think the odds are in my favor. We did OK through 9-11 and continue to do OK. If you are questioning the level of confidence you have in us, perhaps you might consider another option. We have over 12,000 apps. on file of folks willing to take a chance. Who would have ever thought 5 years ago almost all the legacy carriers would be furloughing pilots and in Ch. 11 today. But we all took our chances, some paid off, and unfortunately for some, it did not.

Wow - "If you are questioning the level of confidence you have in us, perhaps you might consider another option."

Not really the response I was looking for. Especially from a JB employee. I do not want to blindly walk into a new company just to fly for the airlines - your airline. I would like to make an educated - informed decision. I would like to place all cards on the table and make a decision... If I am offered the opportunity to make that decision.

I have a job. A good job. I would like to work for JB but am concerned about a few things - one being the $$$ losses. Again, I would love to work there but I am not willing to risk my livelyhood and families financial security to do so.

I don't want to come off as ill informed. I have done my research in the company, like what I have found, but would like input from others in the know ( JB employees and others) about the losses. Again, just trying to make an informed decision.

Thanks again for the input.

Your welcome. As you know in life you must make choices.

Choose wisely.

Best of luck!

Latest resources

Back