Jet Blue Instuctor Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MCO,

I would think that the retired guys would be the best to hire. If you or you know somebody who is in that position, PM me and I'll get you the name and number to call.

JetBlue Sim Instructor

Anybody who lives in MCO, or wants to relocate there, who has the qualifications and desire to be a JetBlue sim instructor should apply online. There are several openings for sim instructors, particularly on the EMB-190. However, don't expect it to be a back door into a line flying job there.

The info from over here at MDA reguarding the JB sim instructor job is that there is now no possibility to move to a pilot position from the instructor position. This is from 2 Capts that I've flown with that have both interviewed for the position. One was hired and one wasn't. I'm not 100% sure but the one that was didn't take the job. Both told me 65000/yr and 10 days off. They also said the same stuff about living in the MCO area. Both also related that they felt they were looking guys with past sim inst. exp and that wanted to be or continue to be, professional sim instructors.

Hope it helps

O yeah, almost forgot, they also said they were told in the interview that 75% of the interest they make on ther 401k would have to go to CAE to pay for the 190 sims, just like the pilots' 401K interest goes to AirBus to make the aircraft payments. They also need to sign a 1 year renewable contract that says if they don't like the shoes the instructor wares to work that JB can not only fire them at the end of the year contract but also has the right to run them over in the MCO sim building parking lot, repo their homes and sell their children for salve labor.

Last edited:
Chill Baby

Mellow out boys and girls

It was a question only, and oh yes, not an ALPA pilot. Just asked if this was true or not. The Newbie doesn't get as bent out of shape as some old timers looking at these remarks. Answering they question was all I was looking for thank you.

Latest resources

Back