• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue = Good Stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took all of their numbers and subtracted 2% for union dues. And the average came out to 10.673%. I would say we are just about average.

This year you would have a 20% contribution.

Do they get profit sharing even when the company takes a loss?

If the BOD declares it then yes.

Just to be clear profit sharing is based upon Operating Profit not Net Profit and JetBlue has had an operating profit since they unilaterally changed the profit sharing plan. PS should have been declared each year and would have been paid in addition to the PSIA 13%. Dave changed the plan because he financed this airline into the ground and he needed employees retirement funds to pay down the debt used to finance the crazy growth he needed to inflate the stock price and his options. D2 sold almost every single one of his options.

1.95% is also tax deductible.

PSIA 13% + Profit Sharing is tax deferred.

Equivalent $
(1.95% * [1 - r])
[(3% + PS) * (1 + r)]

Where 'r' is your tax rate.

At JetBlue we have to fund the gap in our below PSIA retirement with after tax dollars. It adds up FAST!!

Last edited:
How come

Dave changed the plan because he financed this airline into the ground and he needed employees retirement funds to pay down the debt used to finance the crazy growth he needed to inflate the stock price and his options. D2 sold almost every single one of his options.
So Dave should have created all the JB jobs for free?, how come all the employees did not buy up controlling interest in the stock and take control of the company? How pilots are so disdainful of people who create their jobs? I am not sure anyone has the answer, but just wondering.

Im so sure Splert knows why Dave makes his decisions. Your a pilot. You have no clue how Dave makes up his mind. All the pro ALPA guys make things up and lie to get your vote. Always saying, "Maurester said this" "Dave said that in my jumpseat". This pure speculation is getting old.

So Dave should have created all the JB jobs for free?, how come all the employees did not buy up controlling interest in the stock and take control of the company? How pilots are so disdainful of people who create their jobs? I am not sure anyone has the answer, but just wondering.

David held all his options.

Dave sold nearly all of his.

Our COO and CFO each hold zero shares direcly of B6.

No one should work for free and these guys changed our Profit Sharing plan to help pay down debt. Simple as that.

Im so sure Splert knows why Dave makes his decisions. Your a pilot. You have no clue how Dave makes up his mind. All the pro ALPA guys make things up and lie to get your vote. Always saying, "Maurester said this" "Dave said that in my jumpseat". This pure speculation is getting old.

Lie?

Where? Jetblue needed to pay down debt with cash and changing our benefit plans is the flexibility Jetblue loves.

Dave sold nearly all his shares. Our CFO and COO and most of our EVPs hold nearly zero shares directly. That to most observes means the leaders have very little confidence despite what they say.

David held all his options.

Dave sold nearly all of his.

Our COO and CFO each hold zero shares direcly of B6.

No one should work for free and these guys changed our Profit Sharing plan to help pay down debt. Simple as that.
and paying down debt, like Ford motor is bad?

Lie?

Where? Jetblue needed to pay down debt with cash and changing our benefit plans is the flexibility Jetblue loves.

Dave sold nearly all his shares. Our CFO and COO and most of our EVPs hold nearly zero shares directly. That to most observes means the leaders have very little confidence despite what they say.

I am happy they sold their shares. It means they are smart people. I would have done it too. Dave helped start this company. He can do what he wants with his stocks just as many of us did. Who are you to judge one for when they sold their shares of the company. That is a private financial matter for these individuals only. But yet your desperation to start a union shows because you try to use that as fuel to burn your fire stronger. But in my opinion your throwing water on it to weaken your cause. I have been at 2 ALPA carriers before and know how ALPA doesn't work.

A Private matter that is reported to the SEC? Say what?

SWA's CFO is smart. Bet she holds her company shares Ours dumps then as soon as he gets them. You are right he is smart and has zero confidence in the share price appreciation of our company.

In your opinion our retirement is average when in fact it is below average We are 2.7 points plus profit sharing behind. This year we are 10 percentage points behind. That is $10,000 on a hundred thousand of income.

Your facts are wrong hence your opinion is also skewed. They go hand and hand.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back