Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mungusaurus

I'm happy:)
Received an email from JB yesterday asking me to create a new profile. I did as it asked.
My question is, after the app process earlier this year I had 5 internal references attached to my app. Have these references now disappeared from my file or has my file just been updated?
Please no flaming.
Cheers.

I think with the new system references are'nt used until after phase I, you are on your own to get interview. Just what i heard through the grapevine.

Question I also made the new profile as asked, was yours only the one page that asked name address and flight times?? It was not in application form that asked for education and work and all the rest was it? After you submit it has the blanks to up load cover letter and resume!!!
Are we on the same page!!!! Tnks and good luck!!!!

Question I also made the new profile as asked, was yours only the one page that asked name address and flight times?? It was not in application form that asked for education and work and all the rest was it? After you submit it has the blanks to up load cover letter and resume!!!
Are we on the same page!!!! Tnks and good luck!!!!

Yup same as yours.

All app files dumped.

You have to ask yourself if Jetblue is frustrating applying for a pilot position, what will it be like as an employee? If you are ok with it, continue the application process. Or use the interview for practice for the destination airlines.

Jetblue recruiting talking points:
Variety of bases.
True but as a new hire you probably wont see FLL, LGB or MCO til the third year as an FO. Jr Capt.'s in those bases are in their 9th year minimum and on reserve. Prepare yourself for BOS and JFK.

Two or three year upgrade to the 190.
If can happen but it will be reserve in JFK and BOS for many years. In the past, the bottom Capts bid back to FO for quality of life unless they can drive to JFK or BOS.

The JB 190 pilots are the highest paid.
True but JB management keep comparing the 190 pay to CL-900 pilot pay as the main compeditor on the same routes. Is this a hint from management as to future 190 paycuts?

I asked a recruiter about the rumor that there are empty seats at Jetblue for initial classes. She replied that the classes are full but it takes alot of phone calls to fill them.

Good Luck!

JetBlue, in its current state, is not a destination airline. However, many of us on the property are attempting to change that by pursuing a CBA. Anyone applying should be prepared for an uphill battle. But all are welcome to help us win our next and final union drive. If it passes, we have a chance. If it fails, this airline will crumble due to a mass exodus of pilots (an exodus which has already begun).

The latest new profile is nothing other than management attempting to find out EXACTLY how many potential candidates they have.

Flush the old profiles and open it for new ones.. Keep it open for 30 days instead of 7

By the way new hires wont be sharing in the latest on paper raise that in actuality will be a pay cut. Keep in mind we have a 2 year non compete that ( we have never exercised that clause ) could get you in some trouble if a real airline comes looking for you.

do your research and come to your own conclusions. Things are changing here faster than I could ever imagine. You will have many opportunities available to you at other carriers shortly

Latest resources

Back