• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue benefits, healthcare cost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So was he right or wrong to do that, and do you hold your party to the same standard or do you give them a free pass on this same issue?

And I thought you just said the after affects of a presidency are felt well into the next presidents term. So again, was Obama wrong to say this was left over bush? Or do you only use that argument when it is politically convenient for you?

jetblue sucks

So was he right or wrong to do that, and do you hold your party to the same standard or do you give them a free pass on this same issue?

I would be really interested to see you answer your own question. If you answer yes, then you are basically condeming every piece of garbage that has spewed from Obozo's mouth the last 6 years, and pretty much every damn thing he said during the last election. If you answer no, then you are agreeing with me.

Politicians are all the same. They are all liars. As with most things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Some stuff was Bush's fault, sure. But Obama wants you to think everything bad = Bush. The very few good things = him. Bull$hit. He's a liar.

I think Clinton was an excellent president. Why? Because, at least during his second term, he was able to reach across the aisle and WORK with the heavily republican congress to get things done. Obama is an arrogant jacka$$ that won't even entertain ideas from the other side. This is the difference. Is EVERYTHING the fault or credit of the last administration? No. That's ridiculous. But saying things like "things were great during the Clinton years JUST because of Clinton" is uninformed and disengenuous. Of course, that wasn't directed at you anyway, it was directed at the other guy.

And I thought you just said the after affects of a presidency are felt well into the next presidents term. So again, was Obama wrong to say this was left over bush? Or do you only use that argument when it is politically convenient for you?

I just explained my position in the first paragraph; but you never answered the question I posed in my first post. If Obamacare train wrecks the national healthcare system and/or the economy and there is an R POTUS in 2017, and he blames Obamacare, will you agree with him, or will you come back and say exactly what I'm saying about Obama now? Likewise, if Obamacare is a panacea, and he tries to take credit, is that wrong? I will tell you right now that I will say he is full of $hit. You know my position, the answer is somewhere in the middle. The point I'm trying to make is that Obama is incompetent and full of $hit, but that just makes him a normal politician.

It's real simple, I have a problem with your response to bentover's post. You said "Did it occur to you that effects of policies generally lag about a term behind a president? ".

Then you criticize O for blaming Bush for the problems that began before he was elected, and certainly had long lasting effects. You can't have it BOTH ways. You can't in your response to bentover say that the good things in a dem presidency are from the last republican president, but then completely ignore the bad things that carry over into a dem presidency.

If the Affordable Care Act is good, then O should take some credit for it. If it is bad, then he should be blamed for it, just as he already is blamed for it.

The full affect of Medicare did not occur until the mid 1980 and is now the main driver of the explosion in non discretionary federal spending.

The media and the Donkeys blamed Reagan for the cutting taxes on the rich (oh and most of not all their deductions, specifically the passive income loss deductions) instead of Medicare Part B which is nearly entirely funded by general revenue ie income taxes.

The full affect of Medicare did not occur until the mid 1980 and is now the main driver of the explosion in non discretionary federal spending.

The media and the Donkeys blamed Reagan for the cutting taxes on the rich (oh and most of not all their deductions, specifically the passive income loss deductions) instead of Medicare Part B which is nearly entirely funded by general revenue ie income taxes.

Damn Splert. I don't agree with you much, but this is spot on.

It's real simple, I have a problem with your response to bentover's post. You said "Did it occur to you that effects of policies generally lag about a term behind a president? ".

Then you criticize O for blaming Bush for the problems that began before he was elected, and certainly had long lasting effects. You can't have it BOTH ways. You can't in your response to bentover say that the good things in a dem presidency are from the last republican president, but then completely ignore the bad things that carry over into a dem presidency.

If the Affordable Care Act is good, then O should take some credit for it. If it is bad, then he should be blamed for it, just as he already is blamed for it.

I was more making a point than anything, pointing out the flaw in his logic. Read the second paragraph of my other post again. But what I said is somewhat true whether you want it to be or not. I'll concede that Bush bares some of the blame, sure. But Bush didn't pass Obama's stimulus bills, Bush didn't pass Obamacare, and Bush has been gone for 6 years. Obama is an abysmal failure. Period.

I was more making a point than anything, pointing out the flaw in his logic. Read the second paragraph of my other post again. But what I said is somewhat true whether you want it to be or not. I'll concede that Bush bares some of the blame, sure. But Bush didn't pass Obama's stimulus bills, Bush didn't pass Obamacare, and Bush has been gone for 6 years. Obama is an abysmal failure. Period.

Essentially, Obama took Bush's fiscal failings, called them virtues, and turned them up to eleven. And then wondered why those same ideas *still* didn't work.

Latest resources

Back