• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Aircraft and Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no 15 year upgrade here at JB. 3-4 on the 190. 7 on the bus, unless stuff really gets out of hand. But these times are based on reserve lines right now.

Like he said, those upgrade times are right now. I was hired in August and I hope to see 190 CA 5 years from now and the bus in 10 or 12. Of course, 10 years from now a lot will change, so who knows.

S.

Like he said, those upgrade times are right now. I was hired in August and I hope to see 190 CA 5 years from now and the bus in 10 or 12. Of course, 10 years from now a lot will change, so who knows.

S.

That is about as realistic as it gets. I hope folks who are trying to get a job here aren't still being fed a line that says otherwise.

I was flying with a senior 320 captain the other day, and as a sideline to another conversation we began talking about upgrades. He tried to convince me that 320 upgrades would still run 5-6 tops. Of course, after talking about it a bit more, it turns out he also thinks that we lost 100 Bus captains to attrition last year, that most USAir guys would go back, and that fleet size was still growing at 2005 levels.

I knew pretty well when I was hired the reality of things based on my own research. I just hope everyone else coming in does, too. Just like the old disclaimer on every mutual fund prospectus: Past returns may not predict future results.

I am not trying to be negative here, BTW. Just realistic.

Spaz

Spaz I think you are always negative....

The quick up grades are over, well atleast two to three years on the bus and if the 190 capt pay stays where it is then maybe that will trend towards 3 years but that is only because you can make the same if not more as a 320 FO. I still enjoy working at blue and think the worst case for people getting hired right now is that you will enjoy a good quality of life as an FO while we grow at 10% and increase the block hours on the 190 so pilot growth over the next year should be closer to 20% plus some attrition. Just my 2 cents....

Thanks for the positive comment M

I have been at jb for 2 years

Held 190 capt exactly 8 months ago and am approximately 250 numbers away from holding junior captain on the bus.

There are approximately 50 320 capt upgrades scheduled in 2008

I am 9 guys away from line holder on the 190

Still 320 FO bidding 40% + or - in JFK enjoying trips that are 80% commutable on both sides with an average 16.3 days off per month.

December was 17 days off jan was 19 days off

In my opinion i will not hold the bus for a min of 4-5 years with another 3-4 years of reserve.

New Hire projections for upgrade in above posts seem accurate

the new terminal at JFK looks pretty nice!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back