Jet Blue 11th biggest Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bluelaide

I am furloughed USAir, start jB Sep8. Have A320 type, 8000+ hours, lots of 121. First applied Nov01, interviewed May 8th. Besides having time, you have to convince the interviewers that you want the pax to have the best flying experience they ever had. If you value your flying career, this is a good attitude to have. Most of us can fly well enough; can you be a blast to work with and take care of the pax as well?

I live in NY, and hear a lot of word of mouth regarding passengers' jB experiences. These have been exclusively positive. People are raving about jetBlue. This is a stark contrast to what I experienced when I disclosed my USAirways employment. Most comments described a freak show of some sort. Having worked there, having endured the incredible mismanagement of both management and the dysfunctional union, I could only agree with the negative comments. jB appears to be doing it right... but what do I know about running a company? I fly airplanes, thank God.

Bluelaide

I am furloughed USAir, start jB Sep8. Have A320 type, 8000+ hours, lots of 121. First applied Nov01, interviewed May 8th. Besides having time, you have to convince the interviewers that you want the pax to have the best flying experience they ever had. If you value your flying career, this is a good attitude to have. Most of us can fly well enough; can you be a blast to work with and take care of the pax as well?

I live in NY, and hear a lot of word of mouth regarding passengers' jB experiences. These have been exclusively positive. People are raving about jetBlue. This is a stark contrast to what I experienced when I disclosed my USAirways employment. Most comments described a freak show of some sort. Having worked there, having endured the incredible mismanagement of both management and the dysfunctional union, I could only agree with the negative comments. jB appears to be doing it right... but what do I know about running a company? I fly airplanes, thank God.

I have the "No Compete" paperwork sitting right in front of me, waiting for my signature and a stamp. Specifically, it says that by signing and accepting, I agree not to return to my "previous Part 121 employer" for a period of two years. It is not really a 'pay-for-training" or "repay-for-training" agreement.

The company can seek renumeration through legal channels if I break the aggreement, but there is no set amount stated in the agreement.

In short, the agreement simply prohibits me for two years from returning to employment at the carrier from which I was furloughed (as if I have to worry about being recalled with in two years anyway!).

I see nothing in the agreement which would prohibit me from leaving JetBlue to go to any other carrier (other than that from which I am furloughed), or for that matter to go sell vacuum cleaners.

Yep, you guys were right...checked with my bud and he confirmed it...oh, well...let's go see about that glue I was sniffing...

Latest resources

Back