• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jerry.... Brad... what ya got?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My thoughts now that Compass and Mesaba are sold.

Skywest Inc/ASA purchase 28 total aircraft of Comair's CR7/9

Delta parks 90 something 50 seaters

Delta closes the doors of Comair by the end of 2010 (I dont wish this to happen )

Skywest Inc. still is looking to take the assets of a Bankrupt Mesa and

gain flying with US Air.

Just a prediction, not a hope for anybody to lose a job.

Medeco

I think alot of people are taking ASAs new vision statement to literal. I mean, that is all it is, a vision statement. Does anyone remember ASAs last vision statement. Where was your passion for that one? I didn't hear anyone crying about not becoming the most "trusted an respected regional airline". You guys are making me laugh, you just keep trying to figure out where the "500" are coming from.

Do you guys have any idea how ridiculous you sound with this AS Vision stuff and where your 500 airplanes are? Did you try looking under your bed?

Do you guys have any idea how ridiculous you sound with this AS Vision stuff and where your 500 airplanes are? Did you try looking under your bed?

rediculous..what are you talking about....... there is a huge difference between saying we are going to be the "online airline" or '" we're going to strive for five" and "we are going to have 500 airplanes"

there is not a lot ambiguity in that last statement...

i don't know how any more literal a CEO can make a statement. he says our goal is to have 500 airplanes... now we (asa pilots) are being accused of taking that too literally?

my original point was that i hope there is something else cookin.. they could have just said we are looking at other opportunities, etc... but when you put something so grandiose as 500 airplanes...you better have something to back it up other than 4 horizon jets and an extension of 6 200's from delta.

Last edited:

What's ridiculous and different from the last vision statement is that this one actually has a number on it... not a feel good, happy frappy term to live up to and make warm fuzzies everywhere -- these were hard numbers that someone in mgt or marketing came up with and was agreed upon by management...

put up or shut up (directed at mgt in the most respectful and professional way possible of course)

rediculous..what are you talking about....... there is a huge difference between saying we are going to be the "online airline" or '" we're going to strive for five" and "we are going to have 500 airplanes"

there is not a lot ambiquity in that last statement...

i don't know how any more literal a CEO can make a statement. he says our goal is to have 500 airplanes... now we (asa pilots) are being accused of taking that too literally?

My goal has always been to go Mach 23 with my hair on fire... I ain't got there yet, but hey-with enough vision and a positive attitude, who knows?

-That announcement was just a lame PR stunt-and attempt to get some good press. The board probably gets really tired of seeing lost-luggage stats and on-time performance numbers that suck. Do you think he really believes we will be the "most super-duper regional ever?" Nobody flies their own planes to all 50 states-not even any major.... That part was really dopey.

No-he just wanted to give people a reason to think the announcement was something to crow about.

-Just like my goal of trucking along at Mach 23 with flaming tresses. Probably won't happen, but Brad and I can announce anything we like.

Last edited:
Chuck Norris goes Mach 23 before breakfast every morning.

Latest resources

Back