Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BushwickBill

Registered Abuser
One of the airport locals dropped this one on me today, I have not had any time to look into it myself so I was wondering if anyone else had seen it.

On the Jeppson Enroute chart for California the costal one there is an intersection called jenni between the ENI and FOT vor. I forget which victor airway now. It represents close to a 50 degree heading change which is pretty major. The jenni intersection was symbolized by an (X) not a triangle. It was refered to as a "Data Point" on the "info" part of the chart NOT as an intersection.

The local said he couldn't enter it into the G430 flightplan. The G430 had a current database. He had to use VOR nav to get to the Jenni "Data Point" and follow the victor airway to the ENI VOR.

Anyone here know why you cant enter these "Data Points" into the flight plan? The GPS doesn't recognize them, but we were using a current database. I thought of making it a user waypoint but you can't: it does not give you any GPS lat/long.

Any thoughts?

An X denotes a mileage breakdown. It's not an intersection and and won't show as such on your 430. If it was a bend in the airway without a mileage breakdown, there wouldn't even be an X there.

BushwickBill said:
Thank you....

I cant afford jep and dont use it enough. Why they gotta name it JENNI? That really threw me off. Any thoughts on how you would throw this into a flight plan on the 430/530?

Thanks again for your help

Alright. I did a search of airnav.com, which lists jenni, and aeroplanner.com, which shows IFR charts. Jenni doesn't appear to be on the high or low IFR charts, though it's listed in airnav.com

There is nothing more I can tell you other than an X is a mileage breakdown and a triangle is an interstion. HEHE....that's all you need to know. I'll say, for now, Jenni is a mystery. I'm sure that's been said a few times....

We had a jet route leaving IAD for LAX like that. To put it in the FMC the only way to do it was make it a nav point by for example IAD/270 NEXT/075 to tie the route together. Just putting the two jet routes together didn't work. Doug

BushwickBill said:
Anyone here know why you cant enter these "Data Points" into the flight plan? The GPS doesn't recognize them, but we were using a current database. I thought of making it a user waypoint but you can't: it does not give you any GPS lat/long.

Any thoughts?

I guess the best thing to do since JENNI isn't recognized (which I can't understand, since it's named), would be to just put ENI then FOT in your flight plan, and use the OBS mode to fly the correct course from ENI until you get to the DME that defines JENNI, then take it out of OBS mode and go to FOT direct from there.

Latest resources

Back