Jeblue LGB schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Herculeus

Can somebody post a Jetblue line out of Lgb?Do you only fly to those couple cites on route to the east coast?Or do you get to JFK and continue to FLL or back across to Sea or Oak?And how long would it take to hold a line?Thanks for your help.

Herculeus said:
Can somebody post a Jetblue line out of Lgb?Do you only fly to those couple cites on route to the east coast?Or do you get to JFK and continue to FLL or back across to Sea or Oak?And how long would it take to hold a line?Thanks for your help.

There is no gravity associated with the LGB lines. There is no need.
They suck...

oldxfr8dog said:
There is no gravity associated with the LGB lines. There is no need.
They suck...

Bid JFK and commute!

Problem solved!

Or go for your "perfect" schedule and get 16 hour 4 day trips out of LGB and work 21 days a month!!

whiner...

Herc,

I'm based in LGB and have been with the company 3+ years. I'm a captain and have about 4 people below me as lineholders. We've just increased our reserve numbers but still have 51 pilots in each seat.

The F/O seniority is obviously more junior, but I'll hazard a guess of 6-8 months or so before you can get in. Just a guess mind you.

There are 7 trips for June with daily departures. Only 1 is a 4 day trip worth 23+35 with BOS/SJC/JFK layovers. All the others are 2 days and vary between 11 to 12 hours of productivity. Most of us try to bid those back to back and get 24 hours in a shot.

If you're a commuter, the 4 day probably isn't commutable on either end. It has a report time of 0955 and finishes on the 4th day at 2200.

The destinations have been varied lately. I've seen TPA turns and FLL turns. A layover in MCO. In March I had 3 SAN layovers. This month I have SJC layovers. However, you mostly do BOS, IAD, JFK. Which is predominantly transcon flying (which I prefer anyway). I did notice only 2 trips have red-eyes (which is unusual for LGB crews).

The glass is half full for me being in LGB. I live in LAS and almost always have to ride the cockpit jumpseat (both ways) to JFK (else non-revs get left at the gate). We have extremely high load factors out of LAS. The last thing I want to do is spend another 5 hours in the cockpit, sleep in a less than desirable crash pad in Kew Gardens and worry about weather issues commuting to JFK during the winter. Sure my seniority would be better in JFK, my trips more productive. But I use AWA and AA (thanks guys) out of LAX and don't sweat the commute home. If I get stuck in LGB for the night, it's a relaxing environment and I can get a run in outside throughout the year.

Obviously, what I'm saying is there are tradeoffs. For my family, LGB is worth it. Besides, they travel to meet me in SAN and SJC for my 25 hour lavyovers.

Hope this helps and happy lanidngs,

jointops said:
For my family, LGB is worth it. Besides, they travel to meet me in SAN and SJC for my 25 hour lavyovers.

Have you been to Old Town in San Diego for margaritas and awesome Mexican food yet?

If your holding a line what is the most days you will work?Are the red eyes junior?And jointops is there a shuttle between LAX and LGB?Thanks for the help.

8vATE said:
Bid JFK and commute!

Problem solved!

Or go for your "perfect" schedule and get 16 hour 4 day trips out of LGB and work 21 days a month!!

whiner...
WAAAA!!!!
Yeah, I could hold a line in JFK. And if everything works out perfectly for my 2-leg offline commute, it takes 10 hours to get to work. Did it for a couple of years.
Or, I can do a 1-leg, 3 hour, offline commute and sit reserve in LGB.
Which would you pick?
Why do the JFK people think the LGB crews all live in base? Over 85% are commuters also.

Herc,

We have a deal with Super Shuttle ($20 incl tip) from LGB to LAX. If it's time critical don't count on the reliability. They may stop at other places to pick up more pax or drop off pax enroute to LAX. I always call and make a reservation when I need it to be in LGB and haven't had a problem yet. I also travel to LAX at off-peak times.

Most days you work depends on what you bid for. Do you want min sked or max sked? My April sked had 75 hours with 14 days off. May has 82 hours with 13 days off (including sim training). Those are actual days off. I count commuting as a work day for this discussion.

Red-eyes being junior is relative. I certainly have my share and I've been with the company for over 3 years and a captain for 2 years.

S's Mom,

Since I'm furloughed from US Air and my spouse was Navy, I'm quite familiar with the SAN opportunities. Now that we have a 10 month old, we go for the zoo option first. But thanks for thinking of us.

Happy landings.

Hey Jointops--

10 month olds enjoy a wee taste of Bud Light in their bottles, ya know...:)

Makes those zoo lions seem, hmmm, non-threatening...

oldxfr8dog said:
WAAAA!!!!
Yeah, I could hold a line in JFK. And if everything works out perfectly for my 2-leg offline commute, it takes 10 hours to get to work. Did it for a couple of years.
Or, I can do a 1-leg, 3 hour, offline commute and sit reserve in LGB.
Which would you pick?
Why do the JFK people think the LGB crews all live in base? Over 85% are commuters also.

you make my point..

you're bitching because there are "crummy" trips in LGB..

how about eliminating the base...?
does that help you ... ?
no..

LGB is a small base with a limited and curfew reduced schedule..

you will never have a perfect setup out there..

but be rational and communicate your concerns but understand the limitations of producing a "perfect" mix to satisfy everyones desires and also maintain the productivity needed to be profitable in this horrific industry.

Latest resources

Back