• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JD Power airline ratings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow!!!!! Talk about a tale of two airlines. Here's the snap shot comparison by JD Powers.

Overall Satisfaction: DAL 5 stars, LCC 2

Flight Crew: DAL 5 Star, LCC 2

Reservastion/Scheduling: DAL 5 Star, LCC 3

Aircraft Interiors: DAL 5 Stars, LCC 2

In flight Amenities: DAL 5 stars, LCC 2

Check In: DAL 4 Stars, LCC 2

Once Parker sobers up, he'll have some work to do to get LCC's service anywhere near industry standard, let alone on par with DAL's.

Question - how did our interiors get a 5? Have we remodeled all the AC?
Flight crew get 5? thats cool.....sound slike folks are going out of their way to make the pax feel at home. They must not hear the bitching about the young guys Silos being larger ;-)

Why the 5 on in-flight amenities?

I've jumpseated on Delta, American, and LCC. For customer service I would rank it Delta, LCC, and American. For jumpseater friendly, I would rate it American, LCC, Delta but I work for AirTran and understand why I get the less than warm welcome from the Delta pilot crews but their FAs have always been wonderful.

I've jumpseated on Delta, American, and LCC. For customer service I would rank it Delta, LCC, and American. For jumpseater friendly, I would rate it American, LCC, Delta but I work for AirTran and understand why I get the less than warm welcome from the Delta pilot crews but their FAs have always been wonderful.

I have never seen an Airtran pilot treated poorly, and if it does happen to you I hope you report it. If there are first class seats open, I always try to work it with the captain and stews to try to get the jumpseater that seat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Is that before or after their JFK meltdown two weeks ago??? Definetely before.

Jetblue ranking high not really a suprise with the amenities and all. Wonder how they will rank next year with their problems so far this year.

I jump on Delta quite a bit, and I agree with most of their high rating. One notable high point is the flight crews...the pilots are absolutely fantastic to jumpseaters, really going out of their way to make me feel welcome.

One point I do disagree with is the check-in rating. I assume the high rating was due to places like ATL and LAX being pretty good. No one who has ever checked in at JFK on a weekday morning would give DL anything but a zero. I just rode on DL the other day out of JFK. I allowed well over an hour to check-in, so I wasn't stressed about the slow procedure, but it was nearly a riot from the folks behind me. I timed it this trip, and it was exactly 12:36 from the time I became #1 in line until I was motioned to check-in. I thought the guy behind me was going to stroke out.

Every weekday morning, it's the same 7 or 8 women who run the check-in counter. They are deliberately slow, openly hostile to everyone, and couldn't care less if the passengers make their flights. How do they keep their jobs? There are always last-minute runnerss caused by these women's incompetance, every single morning. Once you get past them, everything is grand. Everyone from the TSA to gate agents to pilots are incredibly nice.

It's really too bad that one section of the employee group can spoil the whole trip for a passenger, especially since all the other groups are obviously trying so hard to make the trip great. JFK is the only place I have encountered this attitude with DL, and only while checking in...

Maybe a DL pilot would have some insight here. Did they take a more severe paycut than other employees or something?

Latest resources

Back