• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JD Power airline ratings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My friend just traveled on USAir through DCA today and said it was a complete mess. The reservation systems were failing, and people were missing their flights. He said it was CHAOS. I think your ranking just went to the bottom. I hope you guys can make it back someday.

I know and this is why we (pilots) were against it. This is a mess but hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

WD.

My friend just traveled on USAir through DCA today and said it was a complete mess. The reservation systems were failing, and people were missing their flights. He said it was CHAOS. I think your ranking just went to the bottom. I hope you guys can make it back someday.

Some of the problems are with the US East gate agents and their personalities. Realize that they've been using Sabre for the last 20+ years and now they have to use QIK/Shares. A lot of the time the reservation system isn't "failing" per se, they just don't completely know what they're doing yet and would rather blame the computer system than their own ignorance. I say ignorance because yes, its true, they had a 3 day training class on how to do everything.

"JD Power"?

The only "rankings" that matter are the display order on the web pages of Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity (et al).

If your fares and timetable are on the first page for Uncle Jed and Granny...the Clampetts will buy a ticket on your airline.

Does any sober person think this conversation actually takes place:

Him: "Hon...I'm ready to book our flight to your mother's. Should we buy this $89 fare on American?"
Her: "No way! JD Power ranks Continental much higher than American! I think we should pay the extra $50 bucks!"

You can insert any airline names you choose. As long as airliners aren't plummeting to Earth, the consumer will be driven by two factors only: Cost and Convienence.

Deja vu all over again

You can insert any airline names you choose. As long as airliners aren't plummeting to Earth, the consumer will be driven by two factors only: Cost and Convienence.

Occam,

Bob Crandall of AMR made this same point in an interview many years ago. He noted that customers whine for better service and amenities, and say they are willing to pay for them. But when "Generous Bob" (as he called himself) takes up their offer, he sees them book away to a cheaper competitor. The only exceptions would be expense-account travellers whose ticket is being paid for by someone else, and frequent-flier mile collectors.
Most passengers are slow learners and fast forgetters.

Latest resources

Back