Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Irishav8r

shnufflehufflepuffngruff
Anybody receive there letter in the mail yet? I interviewed on the 20th. I have received no e-mail and I'm sure the letter is on the way. Does anyone know if I will go to the bottom of the pile in 6 months or will my stuff be reviewed again?

Hey Irish, stay strong! there are several options and opportunities. There are several very good guys that did not move to phase 2 the first time they interviewed and now are sitting in a JetBlue class or waiting for one. I say keep looking around but you must try again in six months...good luck and hang-in-there.

I appreciate it guys! Believe me, I don't feel victimized or anything silly like that. I have to chalk it up to experience and move on. The grand scheme of things reveals....No Biggie! Ya know what I mean. I'm looking forward to convincing them next time that I'm the right person for the job.....

Irish:
Sorry to hear the news. I too got the Fedex the other day. I have a good friend that interviewed with us on the 20th/21st who passed on to Phase 2 but who also did not make it on his initial interview a couple years ago. That being said, has anyone heard of people getting called in rather soon after the 6 month tour in the "penalty box" is over, or does it take even more effort and networking to get an interview invite the second time around? Probably not too much data out there on this one, but just fishing.

Good luck in this crazy business!

Cooter11 said:
Irish:
Sorry to hear the news. I too got the Fedex the other day. I have a good friend that interviewed with us on the 20th/21st who passed on to Phase 2 but who also did not make it on his initial interview a couple years ago. That being said, has anyone heard of people getting called in rather soon after the 6 month tour in the "penalty box" is over, or does it take even more effort and networking to get an interview invite the second time around? Probably not too much data out there on this one, but just fishing.

Good luck in this crazy business!

There was a person in the class in front of me that had been in the "penalty box" around 6 months prior. I'm sure that wasn't an isolated case. Good luck to all of you.

Sorry bout your bad luck Irish. Sounds like you have a great attitude though. Dont give up. I was hired back in 2001, but passed up the opportunity to do some Gulfstream Flying. (dont take career advice from me) I got rehired in 2003 after 2years in the BIG penalty box. That being said, I can tell you there is quite a few guys on our property that went through the process twice so dont give up. Keep Updating and reapply in six. Seems to me, most guys get called pretty quickly that have already interviewed. Best Of Luck to you.

Try Again

Irishav8r said:
I appreciate it guys! Believe me, I don't feel victimized or anything silly like that. I have to chalk it up to experience and move on. The grand scheme of things reveals....No Biggie! Ya know what I mean. I'm looking forward to convincing them next time that I'm the right person for the job.....

Hey, I've received the "try again" letter twice myself. Once from Midwest Express and UPS. I was pretty crushed for both. The Midwest would have been an June 2001 class. We all know how lucky I was NOT to get that one. The same cannot be said for UPS. I will keep trying and trying until my fingers are worn out from typing.

Just remember - this game is about poverty endurance. ;)

Better luck next time Irish.

Raise a pint for me....good luck in your future plans.

JD

Latest resources

Back