JBLU Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Truckdriver

I've never read anything about pay while in training at JBLU. Can anyone give me info on how much bling you recieve while in training so I can see if I need to get another VISA card if I get hired?

Rebel said:
Plus they pay for luggage, uniforms, and a laptop!

I believe the luggage will soon be going away and an allowance will replace it.

In fact the entire new hire package is being re-evaluated. Looks like new hires will get leather jackets as well. No final decision yet on the exact package, that I know of.

You get a laptop with wireless card (to track your every movement and evaluate your cleaning skills -- a joint effort by Airbus and jb), seriously though, it's all of your study materials are on the computer and we use it for performance numbers, FCOM, company email, bids etc. Jb even gives you a program that lists all of the domestic flights so you can figure out your commute. And that and all other docs are updated when you plug in at your base prior to a trip.

It's a cumbersome perk when commuting, but helps out on the road. Most of the hotels have broadband in the room so you can use the laptop to pay bills, keep in touch at home etc. As I type this I am at a hotel using the wireless while waiting for my van time.

As for the luggage, it looks like jb will no longer issue it and that's probably a good thing. I don't use it because I found a bag that was a little smaller and more of my liking. Most pilots said in a survey that they didn't use the company provided bag. The company will most likely offer a bag that you can purchase with your 200 dollar a year uniform allowance.

Other possible uniform changes: no more sweater (good riddance) and leather jackets issued instead of blazers (for all pilots). All good cost cutting measures that are welcome by the pilot group. I hear they will probably offer a blazer for purchase (again, with aforementioned allowance) for those hot months.

The allowance is 200 dollars a year. The intitial uniform issue is 4 shirts, 2 pants, 2 sets of stripes, 2 ties, belt, overcoat and possibly the sweater/blazer/luggage depending on when the changes take effect. You get your wings up at jfk after training.

If you search the threads you will find all of this information ad nauseum.

Since all pilots will soon have leather jackets, I heard captains will be issued Burger King crowns or Long John Silvers pirate hats in order to differentiate them from first officers.

What about the leather chaps? And if you have been here 5+ year....um...cheekless leather chaps

ok, im sorry in advance

Bavarian Chef said:
Since all pilots will soon have leather jackets, I heard captains will be issued Burger King crowns or Long John Silvers pirate hats in order to differentiate them from first officers.

Aaaargh Matey.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Longhorn said:
What about the leather chaps? And if you have been here 5+ year....um...cheekless leather chaps

ok, im sorry in advance

Dude, don't leak company info! Man am I chafing...

Oh, and I forgot, all the Jepps you could ever want! Man I must get a FREE packet of Jepps once or twice a month. Did you know that there's a new 300 ft tower that nobody cares about somewhere in the US?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back