• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU Management Answers Back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know- I don't disagree. But I'd love to see the Mil guys go after the ones that give you your bad rep, then the Civilian guy who points it out.

I did that already, but the problem at B6 is there are far more civilian FUs than military who have been the problem to getting a union on the property...but not for much longer.

I did that already, but the problem at B6 is there are far more civilian FUs than military who have been the problem to getting a union on the property...but not for much longer.

Might be Fair enough. If you're perspective is clear. "Far more" puts a doubt in my head bc that would be VERY inconsistent w/ the rest of the industry, but I don't work there...

Is that the best you can do Fubi?

You are the type of pilot that gives unions bad names (knuckle-dragging goon), and if you want to promote the union cause and its true value to the fence-sitters and other non-believers, then get your sorry pathetic arse of these pilot boards and go ice yourself on some remote hockey rink. BTW, you're a laughing stock among your own at Alaska and I had some great laughs with some Alaska ALPA folks over your pilot buffoonery.

Now go run off and get lost, I need to go back to my pool and nurse a Corona.
And with this post you just demonstrated the very point that fubi is making....
drips with elitest, officer attitude....when and if you ever acknowledge your enlisted status, you will realize that guys like fubi(fortunately found at every good union airline) could care less what their alpa peers think. They care that everyone remember that they are union pilots first and foremost and forget which management paint scheme of the week is on the side of the heavy equipment that they operate

Thanks, tico.

Its like the old country songs says, "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Like it or not, at least people know where I stand.

I guess that's why I'll always be just rank and file.

What I find interesting with our mil pilots is their reluctance to look at the facts. Our management has lied over and over and over again and despite all this they cling to the belief that we will be taken care of no matter what. The military is supposed to take care of their own and not having enlisted myself I cannot confirm or deny it but having spent my career in the civilian world I can say with absolute certainty that when push comes to shove management takes care of management ONLY. The average line pilot will be left to fend for themselves. Absent a union, not just ALPA, we are up the proverbial tributary without sufficient means of propulsion.

Speedbird & Alice,
I'm a MCO190 FO. I fly with a good hand full of our MIL guys. I'd say they are 50/50. We have some of our MIL guys on the OC. Others won't even talk to me about the subject because JB has been good to them for years. We have just as many if not more civi's that turn a blind eye to the facts. We're all different and will make the choice based on our personal experience and knowledge. Don't lump em all into one pool.

The military is supposed to take care of their own...

In my branch of the service, it was a given that officers always ensured the needs of the troops were met before they saw to their own comfort. That is the tenant that makes it hard for career military officers to make the intellectual jump to civilian flying.

They can't believe that airline managers don't conform to the same leadership style. However, as you say...

....I can say with absolute certainty that when push comes to shove management takes care of management ONLY. The average line pilot will be left to fend for themselves. Absent a union, not just ALPA, we are up the proverbial tributary without sufficient means of propulsion.

You are exactly correct. And the quote, "You can't fight City Hall," comes immediatley to mind. What is the individual pilot going to do when rapacious managers decide to change his pay and work rules in order to generate a little more stock price return for the "investors"?

Nothing, that's what. Again, that's a fine point the average retired military officer pilot has some troube grasping intially. I will grant you that most of them come around quickly, however there are lots of Blue Bayous out there who never quite get it.

Anyone that thinks ALPA is the answer for JB is beyond crazy -- ALPA has literally screwed up every carrier they have represented...

It's all about where you fall in line on the timing. My pop-in-law retired from DAL early '01. And is PLENTY happy of how is career went!

Nothing, that's what. Again, that's a fine point the average retired military officer pilot has some troube grasping intially. I will grant you that most of them come around quickly, however there are lots of Blue Bayous out there who never quite get it.

I don't have to "get it". I just look at history. There aren't many ALPA carriers out there who haven't furloughed. (Delta, Northwest, United, Continental, Alaska, Airtran, Spirit and I'm sure I'm missing several others). Nor has ALPA prevented pilots from disappearing during M/As (TWA, Midwest). If for one moment, you think our first contract will not have some concessions in it, you're dreaming... Our guys will be hard pressed to come up with something big (retirement or health care) to show the troops the ALPA route was so right. They'll probably garner it... But don't be surprised if all of a sudden a furlough clause is penciled in, E190 pay drops, deadhead pay is 50%, no more trip/leg protections, or premium pay goes away with an 85 hour cap put in place... Don't worry though, we'll get it all back in the next contract!!! Heard any of that before???

I don't have to "get it". I just look at history. There aren't many ALPA carriers out there who haven't furloughed.

Relax, they all flew either Boeing or McDonnell Douglas equipment. Since we don't, we'll never furlough.

[/sarcasm] It makes about as much sense as your argument, so why not? IOW, correlation <> causation.

Latest resources

Back