• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU looking to cut costs, raise revenue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gee, let me see. Its 1997, I fly the B757, I asked G.B. to get me into Renton to See the airplane I fly for CO being built. His office arranged for the CO sales rep to show us around. I show up and I get onto CO aircraft number 21. I don't think they would be able to show me a B737 and call it a 757 without me knowing.

Yeah! the B757 line was at Renton. The B767 line is Evertt.

COpilot said:
Gee, let me see. Its 1997, I fly the B757, I asked G.B. to get me into Renton to See the airplane I fly for CO being built. His office arranged for the CO sales rep to show us around. I show up and I get onto CO aircraft number 21. I don't think they would be able to show me a B737 and call it a 757 without me knowing.

Yeah! the B757 line was at Renton. The B767 line is Evertt.

Lighten up Francis, I must have been thinking of Paine field (near Everett). The aircraft go there just prior to final delivery to customers... (According to Boeing's website)

I still could swear I saw a 757-300 being put together in Everett.. Oh well, I'm not near as wound up about it as you obviously are.

Last edited:
clickclickboom said:
Just expressing an opinion as you are.

Dont worry pal you win.. Gordon is a great guy I stand corrected..

Can I have his number? I would like a tour as well with my family..

Why would you want a tour of a Boeing?

Go to France and get a tour at the Airbus factory....or wherever they make those $28 an hour jungle jets you guys fly.

Actually jb does

furloughfodder said:
Why would you want a tour of a Boeing?

Go to France and get a tour at the Airbus factory....or wherever they make those $28 an hour jungle jets you guys fly.

You submit names for the new deliveries and if the name is chosen JB sends you and your family to the factory..

The operation in Brazil is quite impressive as well

And make sure we dont hire people with your mentality..

and that would be........self preserving possibly? No union is perfect and ALPA is far from that but I will take ALPA over not having a choice to vote on my future with NO union any day.

h25b:

I'm wound up because in one paragraph I tell you what I did. The next you call me on it as if I was screwed up? What the heck would you say?

Click: Sure your opinion counts too. However; same as I and everyone else, the "holier than thou" attitude came through, so I put some emphases in my responce.

Furlouge:

With regardes to that part of the story, for a airplane pilot a tour of any factory is a great experence.

Sorry thread drift.

COpilot said:
h25b:

I'm wound up because in one paragraph I tell you what I did. The next you call me on it as if I was screwed up? What the heck would you say?

Sorry thread drift.

If you actually would READ you'd find that I didn't call you on it at all (read, "Did they used to assemble the 757 in Renton?"). I simply asked if at some point they had moved the assembly line. You said that in 1997 you had toured the operation at Renton, and I thought I had remembered seeing the line in Everett in about 2003. I looked in my logbook and found that I had flown a Hawker in to Paine Field and driven over to the Everett plant for the tour. Evidently, the 757 goes over to Paine Field before final delivery for customer pick up. Which must be where I (not you) got confused...

Perhaps my poor southern IN terminology threw you off ...

Last edited:
you mean just like delta pilots?

Ex737Driver said:
and that would be........self preserving possibly? No union is perfect and ALPA is far from that but I will take ALPA over not having a choice to vote on my future with NO union any day.

Looks like another 15% cut. As I said Company want Company take and alpa and the pilots cant do a thing about it except quit and work at wal mart

this whole industry is in the crapper

Latest resources

Back