Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vingus said:
What the heck does that mean?

That if JBLU guys decide they've had enough, they can just waltz over to SWA or CAL and hop on board. Last I heard, a fairly large percentage of JBLU's new hire classes came aboard with B737 types and a "no" letter from SWA.

radarlove said:
That if JBLU guys decide they've had enough, they can just waltz over to SWA or CAL and hop on board. Last I heard, a fairly large percentage of JBLU's new hire classes came aboard with B737 types and a "no" letter from SWA.

Last you heard?

Sounds like you are just making this "stuff" up as you go. Besides, what's a "fairly large"?

:erm:

Back to my regular scheduled activities...........................

C yaaaa

My opinion, and those opinions of virtually everyone I've flown with in the short period I've worked here, is that they DO care.

If you actually believe that, your naivetivity is unparalled.

I personally don't see a paycut coming....I don't know who started that one.

I think alot of pilots would not stand for that. That would be the break in trust that this company is being held together by.

So if a paycut comes, just what would you do. Leave? Complain? Do something about it? What? You have no union.

WWJB said:
My opinion, and those opinions of virtually everyone I've flown with in the short period I've worked here, is that they DO care.

The corporation is not a person. It is an amoral animal-like consciousness that must get the most from workers for the least cost. If that means appearing to care, it will appear to care. If it means appearing to threaten loss of your job it you don't agree to less pay, it will do that too. This it will do without compunction, joy, meanness, anger, or any other human emotion. The bottom line is its only driving force and it will, like a chamelion, change its appearance to maximize this. It will hire a "people person" if this works. It will hire a "hatchet man" if this works. It is neither good nor bad, it just is. To maximize the bottom line. This explains everything you'll ever need to know about your current or future workplace. Workers in this country were able to unionize and enjoy great benefits for many years because corporations used to be ethical and good? No. But they had to appear that way because this would maximize the bottom line. Airlines and other companies move jobs offshore or declare bankruptcy to zero out pension plans because they're bad? No. But it appears this way and it is done to maximize the bottom line.

If you think that anyone at your company cares about you, really, then you are in for a hard fall. The corporation, if necessary will put you and your family on the street with no more thought than wiping dirt off a windshield, if it maximizes the bottom line.

The animal is doing a great job if "virtually everyone" you fly with thinks they care. It is amazing what it can appear to be in order to get more out of you at less cost. Good luck.

Last edited:
I would volunteer for the hiring comittee

Ex737Driver said:
If you actually believe that, your naivetivity is unparalled.

So if a paycut comes, just what would you do. Leave? Complain? Do something about it? What? You have no union.

And make sure we dont hire people with your mentality..

Union doesnt do crap.. Company wants Company takes just ask delta and united and oh yeah northwest and oh yeah twa and oh eastern and oh yeah us air and oh yeah america west.

I know for a fact that if I had to I could pick up the phone and talk to Neeleman.. Do you think Gordon Bethune would do the same?

Click:

In 1997 I called the office of Gordon Bethune. I told him I was traveling to SEA for summer vacation with my family, could he get me into the Renton plant to see the production line for the B757. (There are NO public tours at Renton)

He gave me his secretary to handle everything. My family and I had a personal tour of the B737/757 plant, and of Continentals 21st B757.

Yeah! I know for a fact G.B. would answer the phone when his pilots called the office. Want to try another one?

COpilot said:
Click:

In 1997 I called the office of Gordon Bethune. I told him I was traveling to SEA for summer vacation with my family, could he get me into the Renton plant to see the production line for the B757. (There are NO public tours at Renton)

He gave me his secretary to handle everything. My family and I had a personal tour of the B737/757 plant, and of Continentals 21st B757.

Yeah! I know for a fact G.B. would answer the phone when his pilots called the office. Want to try another one?

Did they used to assemble the 757 in Renton ? A couple years ago I toured Everett and saw the 757 line there... :confused:

Latest resources

Back