Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLB717

Pilot=proof of Gods humor
Dont know if it real or not but was told JB is pulling two of its ATL-LGB flight in Sept. This would only leave on RT a day? Any JB's want to confirm or deny this rumor? Thanks

ATL to LAX area went from 13 flight a day to 23 times a day. That is between AAI, DAL and B6. If you were a business man, trying to generate a profit, what would you do? Particularily, since you have identified routes with bigger yeilds.

Now the big question is, what will DAL do? Cut down flights, charge higher fares, pull out the Song Card, fly to OAK, reduce fares to OAK, add more flights?

Do you think the DAL pax are going to be happy seeing the fare increase, if DAL charges too much, hello AAI.

It is good to be nimble and if nothing else, it keeps the boys in ATL on their toes:) Who knows, it may even intrigue the people at the DOJ.

To the people at AAI, do keep sticking it to DAL, you got yourself a great airline:)

Last edited:
Went to the Jetblue website and there are still three flight a day to LGB from ATL (and the other way) each day for the months of Sept/Oct /Nov. Doesn't look as if they are cutting back flights.

F82C,

It is true, B6 is going down to one a day. Think you may have entered wrong dates

Regards,

D8

Please read the press releases for the facts. ATL-LGB is being decreased after the Summer peak, and ATL-OAK is being inaugurated. Management explains in the press release about the slot issue in LGB and utilizing the aircraft to generate the highest yields.
AKAAB:D

We are indeed decreasing the service. I think that we are keeping the redeye. I am glad to finally be working for a management team that is willing to do what has to be done. I.e. it may look like we are running away from Delta and ATL, but when you look at the numbers, it just does not make sense to stay in the market just to save face. I have seen many companies stick it out, to look good, even in the face of great losses.

The slot situation is part of our problem as well. Funny how many airlines turned down the city of LGB to increase service. Seems to be working out quite well for us at least at this point...

I am actually pretty glad JBLU has decided to decrease its footprint in ATL, but not for reasons you might think...

When I was torn between JBLU and FDX, I wrote Dean a long letter outlining why I was chosing another carrier. Bottom line was 2 hops offline to JFK didn't mix well with the ANG, and with 9/11 etc there was simply no way I was quitting the fighter business. I also sent a copy to my buddy Eagleflip with the additional comment "..and if JB ends up flying into VPS, PFN, or PNS 2 years from now I will be absolutely kicking myself for the next 20 years..."

Well...with the purchase of RJs and the ATL service, coupled with the high prices ASA and Pinnacle (God bless Pinnacle by the way!), I wondered if the day would soon come I'd see some blue tails down here on the Emerald Coast. Then I would have said "ah @#$%, I COULD have worked for them and made the ANG work too!" ... None of this means I'm uphappy at FDX...and I KNOW long term there's got to be an MD11 with my name on it someday...but you cannot deny the emotional appeal of being in on the ground floor of "the next big thing".

Oh well...glad to see lots of folks starting to hire (Air Tran, JetBlue, and Frontier...) and glad thinkgs appear to be picking up just a bit for the majors too. A fighter buddy called up saying Air Tran offered 2 interview dates for him in August...so perhaps that's a harbinger of more good times ahead.

Latest resources

Back