• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jblu f/o qol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cannot imagine a situation where a new hire would have less than 2 years on reserve. I'm guessing much, much longer.

I disagree. Unless a bunch of A320 FO's bid 190 FO (possible, will see soon enough), my guess is the number one guy in the first new hire class this fall will be a line holder around Feb/Mar, if not before. The 190 fleet is still very small and so are the pilot bases. Adding 72 new hires (and more to come in 2011), should easily get some new hires off RSV.

Now the A320 is a whole different animal.

Beg to differ, last three call outs were, "how fast can you get here"?

fast as i can... 2hrs

After this summer I should retract my earlier post, before this summer I stand by what I said. If we continue down the path of the last 3 months, 2 hours out may be pushing it for sure.

CD

After this summer I should retract my earlier post, before this summer I stand by what I said. If we continue down the path of the last 3 months, 2 hours out may be pushing it for sure.

CD

I'll buy that, plus, $#it happens and that's why we have rsv.

My absolute favorite one was when they called me at 1035 for the 1015 dept to XXX. Do you think you can get there for a 1100 dept? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsome.

I disagree. Unless a bunch of A320 FO's bid 190 FO (possible, will see soon enough), my guess is the number one guy in the first new hire class this fall will be a line holder around Feb/Mar, if not before. The 190 fleet is still very small and so are the pilot bases. Adding 72 new hires (and more to come in 2011), should easily get some new hires off RSV.

Now the A320 is a whole different animal.

I hope that could be true. The idea of sitting RSV in JFK for 2+ years is pretty daunting ...

I just talked with a guy who knows a guy who has a kid in college with another kid who's mom is a flight attendant who sleeps with a pilot who knows a guy that heard:

Average hiring will be about 20 a month for some time with an average of 8-10% growth per-year.

~~WARNING~~

Please note that this information is subject to change without warning or notice and is in no way meant to diagnose, cure or treat in any way poor decision making of your employment.
Further more, use of this information may cause post nasal leakage, headache, rectal bleeding, abnormal mensturation, erectile disfunction, abnormally long erections, liver failure, gynomasticulation, atrophy of large muscle groups, hemorage of the gums and or soft tissue, dementia and or general confusion.

Please use at your own risk.

I'll buy that, plus, $#it happens and that's why we have rsv.

My absolute favorite one was when they called me at 1035 for the 1015 dept to XXX. Do you think you can get there for a 1100 dept? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsome.

Nice. Even in MCO, which is likely less intensive to get from car to plane than JFK or BOS, 25 minutes is only do able if you sleep in your car in the employee lot....in uniform.

I hope that could be true. The idea of sitting RSV in JFK for 2+ years is pretty daunting ...

The idea of sitting RSV anywhere for 2 years is daunting. The industry is growing slow right now and probably will be for many years. At least until the economy turns around. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I have been sitting RSV at the Tranny for almost 3 years and it is brutal. I guess what I am saying is find out as much as you can from guys and girls there on RSV before you make the leap. It may be your life for a while.

No disrespect to my JB friends out there, but if going to JB now means E190 FO on reserve for 2+ years (perhaps longer), most likely living near JFK, a long wait for Airbus flying (i.e., variety with some transcon flying vs primarily East Coast on the 190), no real shot at a West Coast base for many years, and mediocre healthcare benefits, why should someone who also has an opportunity with VA not seriously consider it? I am NOT in that position but I actually know someone who will have that choice shortly. Sure, you could say VA could be questionable financially (cash on hand), but that could improve (I would hope). VA pay will likely improve in time (I remember when JB pay was very low at the beginning), upgrade time on an Airbus is shorter at VA and you get some West Coast bases if that is important. JB looks more stable but you will likely sit on an E190 on reserve out of JFK for a long time. I realize MCO might also be a possibility. If you are lucky enough to have the choice between JB and VA, you certainly would have some tough points to consider.

BTW, has JB lost any junior pilots to VA due to the slow movement????

Latest resources

Back