JB Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wndshr said:
Adler...could you please tell me more about that callsign stuff? It would be soooo awesssssooooommme to have a cool nickname!! I am sick and tired of mine regular non callsign name! it is so boring!

If you introduced yourself to someone...do you get to say, "hi, i am (maverick, or....iceman??) is it just like the movies? and the CHICKS!!!! WOW! plus....come on...tell me the truth...THOSE cool flight jackets with a million patches???? AWESOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!

what about ninja motorcycles...do you have one of those TOOOO? AWESOOOMMMMMMEEE MAN!!!

ok, well, mom wants me to go to bed! Later dude

Ghostrider, this is VIPER...over and out! AWEssssssssssssssssommmeeeee!

ADLER

I am real sorry about this post! Had a dinner block party last night and my 12 year old and his friends look like they got a hold of your leg! Sorry about that.

I'll be more careful about logging off the family computer next time.

The horse should never have been brought in for the beating it received. 60 posts about JB uniforms (supposedly in jest) and the usual cry that JB pilots are overly sensitive amounts to nothing more than the typical 8th grade dialogue that goes on around here.

C'mon guys....lets try to do better than this. Adler, you're not the first guy who has posted something "funny" on this board and had it misread by others. Subtlety on internet messeage boards doesn't work well as a general rule. If you want your message to be received in the spirit you originally intended it to have, then be more deliberate in identifying your post as a "joke". If necessary, put a disclaimer at the top so those who are overly sensitive don't jump down your throat because they didn't read it the same way. Also think about the overall context of your message. This isn't 1969, but 2005 and this "profession" is not as collegial as it once was. People are under a lot of stress these days and and are not in the mood for your kind of "humor." My advice to you is to use some of that superior SA you learned from your F-15 flying and apply it here before you go off and post a "funny" about JB uniforms next time.

(WARNING: JOKE TO FOLLOW) At least we don't have to fly lime green or pink jets. :D.........Questions?

Last edited:
SpeedBird said:
The horse should never have been brought in for the beating it received. 60 posts about JB uniforms (supposedly in jest) and the usual cry that JB pilots are overly sensitive amounts to nothing more than the typical 8th grade dialogue that goes on around here.
SpeedBird said:

C'mon guys....lets try to do better than this. Adler, you're not the first guy who has posted something "funny" on this board and had it misread by others. Subtlety on internet messeage boards doesn't work well as a general rule. If you want your message to be received in the spirit you originally intended it to have, then be more deliberate in identifying your post as a "joke". If necessary, put a disclaimer at the top so those who are overly sensitive don't jump down your throat because they didn't read it the same way. Also think about the overall context of your message. This isn't 1969, but 2005 and this "profession" is not as collegial as it once was. People are under a lot of stress these days and and are not in the mood for your kind of "humor." My advice to you is to use some of that superior SA you learned from your F-15 flying and apply it here before you go off and post a "funny" about JB uniforms next time.

(WARNING: JOKE TO FOLLOW) At least we don't have to fly lime green or pink jets. .........Questions?

Okay. Thanks “Dad”. I guess a blue "wink" thing, a green biggrin and the statement - "Just a light-hearted observation from a JB novice." wasn't enough. Next time I won't bother. Personally, I don't see what's so unique about "my kind of humor". I'm not that sophisticated. So, let’s see, in 1969 all the pilots were getting laid more often and could take a joke more easily, is that it? I guess I would have had them rolling in the aisles in 1969, but in 2005 we all need to straighten up and fly right. Got it. No more funny stuff – we’re all too stressed. Maybe we should avoid the forum if we are going to get our panties all bunched up over such a stupid issue. Thanks for the advice, though.

While I'm here, I'll say I didn't get my point across with my post about the military uniforms. I think I would need to make that point in person - I'm not that eloquent with the keyboard. I was just trying to express my admiration for those who still serve in the military and wear the uniform with pride. I got a little carried away and didn’t go a very good job with that (I think I’d been drinking a little). (BTW, though I'm still in the Guard, I don't make near the sacrifices that our current AD and many Guard/Reserve folks do - so don't think I'm including myself in that praise.)

I’m sure we’re all sick of this thread so I’m done. It was truly meant as a joke and not to generate anything other than some good-natured “back and forth”. Obviously that’s not possible.

Dizel8 said:
Most airline uniforms consist of a suit with stripes, a shirt, a tie and a pair of black shoes. Stripes come in a variety of colors. Airborne wears grey, UPS brown, Fedex I think dark blue, AA black.
Oops. I think I bought the wrong uniform. Mine has silver stripes. The only difference between my uniform and an American Airlines uniform, I think, is the wings. Of course, I could be wrong, as I really haven't studied it that closely. I'm afraid to Google it or I'd have TSA knocking at my door. :)

Would this conversation take a bad turn if we discussed the black with gold stripes of the professional aviators at Delta? :eek:

Never mind - - forget I said that. :)

I was talking about the color of the material of the suit, not the stripes:)

Dizel8 said:
I was talking about the color of the material of the suit, not the stripes:)
Ahhhhhh...

I was confused by the ambiguous sentence construction.
Dizel8 said:
Stripes come in a variety of colors. Airborne wears grey, UPS brown, Fedex I think dark blue, AA black.

I've always been confused as to why navy blue is so named. Does the Navy wear navy blue? It certainly looks closer to something I'd see a member of the Air Force wear.

I think AA wears the same color (navy blue with silver stripes) as we, and I think Delta wears black with gold stripes. Or is Delta the navy blue (one of those that only fashion experts can distinguish from black) and we're wearing some other shade of blue?

Well, at least I can figure out I'm wearing a white shirt. But FedEx USED to wear blue shirts. :)

(Didn't you originally have some remark about a silver suit, or did I just imagine that? :) Wish I woulda copied that part, too, now.)

TonyC said:
I was confused by the ambiguous sentence construction.

That is okay, it happens, but I suppose that is why you fly freight. You know, less things to confuse you, since boxes don't talk much.

As for a silver suit, I have no clue what you are talking about:)

If I didn't know better Adler I'd think you were one of those sensitive JB pilot types who doesn't take criticism well. Boy, talk about getting your panties all in a wad, LOL. :rolleyes:

SpeedBird said:
If I didn't know better Adler I'd think you were one of those sensitive JB pilot types who doesn't take criticism well. Boy, talk about getting your panties all in a wad, LOL. :rolleyes:

Noted. I guess I must be stressed out. I wish it was 1969. ;)

Latest resources

Back