Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Stockholders:

Intruder, I've gotta 777 you can fly around for fun!!!!!!

I think when the stock split it was around the $46 range(??)Oh well, I wish my ex would have told me she had the option to buy it at 26 before the initial offering..(I think I remember her saying that employees had the first crack at it at a reduced price) I had 2K I could've dumped into it(and at my age that would have been plenty, especially when it jumped to like 40 something the next week)..

Neelman is from what I've seen a great guy..I met him once (though I really doubt he remembers!!) and have seen him handing out blue chips on flights....he even knows gate agents names and shoots the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** with them...any body want to let me know how I can get a job there...haha....I already know, fly about 7000 more hrs...

Falcon 1
Thanks. I didn't realize the truth until you and intruder dropped it here. Any other truths?

Here's a tip for everybody on the board--if you don't know what you're talking about, then keep your mouth shut!

The reasons Neeleman left SWA are very well published in the press, and have nothing to do with his work ethic. In a recent Boston Globe article, even Herb is quoted as saying that David was meant to lead and motivate people, and that his role at SWA was not a good match for his personality. He was just too much of an idea man and too restless to fit into the corporate meeting culture. He spoke his mind and not everybody appreciated that.

All I can say is I'm glad he's my CEO and I'm proud to be working for him.

dgs - glad you set that straight because I was thinking the same thing. One of my favorite things that I read about David's time at SWA was when he set through a meeting where they talked about what to do with pregnant ramp agents for over two hours and he finally blurted out, "Can't we move on?" Guess he just has better things to do.

No Koolaid here...

Another sign of good management from the CEO level is the ability to hire top-quality folks to run the day to day operations. One such example is our President, Dave Barger. David Neeleman hired Dave Barger away from Continental (where he ran their Newark operation) to oversee the details of our company. He excels in the job.

Let me tell you the truth...I've seldom met a person that I would call both a manager and a leader. I can honestly say I met maybe five of them the twenty years I was in the Air Force. In the civilian world, I have met just one...Dave Barger. With over 4000 employees, Dave is a well known face to all. An added charm? His ability to remember names of probably half those folks in the company, without IDs...This alone does not make a leader, but it is an often overlooked way to keep our company "small" during this growth phase.

More to the point, Dave Barger is one of the few folks who take time to listen to their employees ("crewmembers" here at JB) and make things happen, answer questions, resolve the issues.

I would put a wager on the success of our tag-team duo of David and Dave. In fact I already have--due to the advice of some on this board (thanks Albie and Bobbysamd), I went with JB instead of another carrier.

Treat the people right, and they'll treat the customer right. Keep the customers coming back, and, in the long run, our stock will take care of itself.

Eagleflip

Sam - Congratulations on your upgrade!!

falcon1 stated:
...I hope Neelman has changed his work ethic from 94. Anyone ever wonder why he only lasted a couple of weeks at SWA after the merger, because he tried to screw the employees and told Herb how to do it. That is when he departed...

What are you talking about? To what supposed screw job are you alluding?

If you are going to throw around accusations, try to back them up with fact. If you have no facts, then just don't say anything.

Stock Split:

I was not aware of the stock split at JB,I usually keep up with most stock info but never saw a thing on it.If that is the case then everyone who bought it should be just fine,my apologies.Does anyone have the info on where I can find some more about this

Healthy skepticism is one thing, Intruder, but I've read enough of your posts regarding JBLU to get your drift. Wouldn't it be more proper to question the business practices of the companies whose execs live like royalty while the company is in bankruptcy protection?

BTW, Neeleman's salary is only $200,000/yr. We have captains who make more than that!

Latest resources

Back