• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is absolutely no reason to believe that we will fly anywhere outside the U.S. or Caribbean regardless of what anyone says until the aircraft are on property and actually flying the routes with our crews. Simply noting how much you the tune management is singing has changed in a year, essentially a 180 degree flip in some areas. The reasons are open to interpretation, with pilot retention being one of them.

Lima peru is hardly the caribbean but I get your point.

European flying is a pipe dream at this point but I would be shocked if we dont order the new 321LR and continue deeper south.

Widebodies are probably a stretch for many years to come as well.

The growth rumors certainly keeps people from jumping to the legacies as it did with the OP.

This is what I worry about. Until I see a press release that justifies WHY we would need 400-450 new hires for the next few years, I will believe it is for attrition and a rumor to keep meat in the seats.

My question is where are all these candidates will be coming from. They are being very selective at times to make sure potential new hires are not marketable to bail to other airlines, i.e. no PIC time or even jet time. Had an instructor tell me one guy that eventually washed out was not current for 7 years and the last plane hew flew was a Seneca.

This place is jacked up!

My question is where are all these candidates will be coming from. They are being very selective at times to make sure potential new hires are not marketable to bail to other airlines, i.e. no PIC time or even jet time. Had an instructor tell me one guy that eventually washed out was not current for 7 years and the last plane hew flew was a Seneca.

This place is jacked up!

Dunno where they will come from, but that washout story is urban legend. That particular guy had very significant military jet time. The overall training fail rate is about 1.4% across both fleets.

My guess is JB will drain the regionals..

This place is jacked up!

BS, I have had several friends hired recently, all RJ captains. All said there class was very experienced.

BS, I have had several friends hired recently, all RJ captains. All said there class was very experienced.

Yeah. Lots of bull$hit rumors flying around about this. 2 friends hired recently. One has a couple thousand jet PIC (ex XJT), one is a military KC-135 aircraft commander flying PIC for a fractional.

Sometime people like to adjust the facts to fit their agenda. What this agenda's goal is I have no idea.

There was a rash of training failures in the department, that was about a year ago or more at this point.

Had a JB CP in the JS today. Hiring 400-450/year for the next 2 years. Going to be a 4000 pilot group by the end of 2017. Adding 12 seats in all the Airbus'. Going to be adding a 3 tier bag bundle fee system. Not sure what that means but he said it so there we go. A 4000 pilot group would be nice for a 2000 number kinda guy.

Confirmed with both a lead recruiter and check airmen, planning 200 for attrition next year, about 200+ NET, so no we won't be a 4000 group by 2016.

Latest resources

Back