JB orders A321's and A320NEO's!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How will they handle the pay?

Another question comes to mind; how is this news? They already had A32O series on order. They are converting what they have on the 'books' to the A321.. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:
How will they handle the pay?

Another question comes to mind; how is this news? They already had A32O series on order. They are converting what they have on the 'books' to the A321.. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

You are correct about the conversions. 52 A320s on Order and 30 are being converted to A321s. They are ordering 40 additional A320NEOs as well as becoming the launch customer for the 320 Winglet retrofits.

40 NEOs without any delivery schedule...the rest are conversions and some delivery deferrals. We can put away the champagne.

Sorry, there is nothing to get excited about here other than the fact that JB has acknowledged that ALPA is not the boogyman and the airline is not going down the tubes when the ALPA election is final.

Estimated Airbus Delivery Schedule

4Q-2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 TTL
A320 (former order 1 7 7 12 15 10 52

A320 (current order) 1 7 4 2 8 22

A321 (current order) - - 3 9 10 8 30

Change - - - (3) (5) - 80

Total 1 7 7 9 10 10 8 52

Last edited:
perhaps this is easier to read
4Q-2011
TTL
A320 (former order)

A320 (current order)

A321 (current order)
-
-

Change
-
-
-
(3)
(5)
-
Total

This chart is an estimate of future deliveries and is subject to change. This chart does not reflect A320neo deliveries.

I guess that isn't better. Graph wouldn't copy correctly, sorry.

Last edited:
40 NEOs without any delivery schedule...the rest are conversions and some delivery deferrals. We can put away the champagne.

Sorry, there is nothing to get excited about here other than the fact that JB has acknowledged that ALPA is not the boogyman and the airline is not going down the tubes when the ALPA election is final.

You do realize your entire response is one big contradiction.

ALPA is not the boogeyman, granted. They are merely an out-dated, visionless, salary-confiscation entity that has done NOTHING for the industry in the last 30 years.

Handle the pay? Really? A non-Union company? They're going to pay you the same rate for every A320 series in the fleet. That is, until you get ALPA on the property and you negotiate a CBA with different rates.

You do realize your entire response is one big contradiction.

ALPA is not the boogeyman, granted. They are merely an out-dated, visionless, salary-confiscation entity that has done NOTHING for the industry in the last 30 years.

Maybe true, but it is better than not having any representation.

Handle the pay? Really? A non-Union company? They're going to pay you the same rate for every A320 series in the fleet. That is, until you get ALPA on the property and you negotiate a CBA with different rates.

Alaska doesn't pay you to operate a/c with more seats. The 321 isn't a different type, it just has more seats.

Latest resources

Back