JB JFK Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

I'm trying to get an idea of what a typical schedule would look like for a relatively senior FO or junior CA based in JFK. What is the ratio of 1/2/3/4 trips, are they commutable, how are the turn times, and aircraft swaps, how many legs a day, or the months generally “choppy” (many different trips, other than the same 3 or 4 day trip four times a month) Things that like would be great if answered.

If someone would be kind enough to post their monthly schedule or a few trips, I would certainly appreciate it, or feel free to PM if you'd like. I’ve tried doing a search and have had no luck thuis far, other than a post on LGB schedules.

I’m just trying to get a feel of the JB scheduling in the Big Apple.

Thanks guys!

Almost whatever you want

You can bid for almost whatever you want. There are plenty of one day trips, and of course 2,3,4 and even a few 5 day trips. The pairings vary from month to month, since we change frequencies with the season, and we are adding more cities every few months. So creating your bid is slightly different every month.

Since most of us are commuters, there is strong competition for easily commutable high productivity 3 and 4 day pairings. I typically will get three commutes a month, getting either back to back 2-day trips or commutable 4-day pairings. I often add a 1-day trip at the end of a 4-day to bring my monthly income up. The weekend trips go more junior so you can get better productivity if you are willing to work weekends. I usually credit 85-90 hours per month and have anywhere from 13-17 days off. I could have a lot more time off if I wasn't trying to pay off the mortgage early.

If you live within driving distance to JFK, then life gets much easier, you can pretty much fly whatever is productive or suits your life. If you are a commuter, there is a pretty wide choice of available crashpads.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Does B6 use "manufactured lines" (company builds the lines to bid on) or a pref-bid system?

mrtoy2 said:
Does B6 use "manufactured lines" (company builds the lines to bid on) or a pref-bid system?

JetBlue uses a preferential bidding system.

B6 is a preferential bidding system. A senior FO can probably build anything s/he wants as far as trips. A junior Capt is on reserve and once you get a line, if you become a FLICA (trade program) addict, you can work your schedule to get something decent.

I'm a junior line holding FO and I've been able to make my schedule do most of what I want. In Aug I had 88 hours with 17 days off. In Sept, the company flies less, so my schedule isn't as good, but 80 hours and 15 days off is still pretty good.

Who pics up the tab for FLICA... the pilots or the company. My current company wants $10 a month for FLICA access.

J32driver said:
Who pics up the tab for FLICA... the pilots or the company. My current company wants $10 a month for FLICA access.

Cost of FLICA is paid by the company. Very sweet program. I traded a trip last night for mid September, and it was approved in under 30 seconds.

Reserves can also move RSV duty days as well.

Dogwood said:
Cost of FLICA is paid by the company. Very sweet program. I traded a trip last night for mid September, and it was approved in under 30 seconds.

Reserves can also move RSV duty days as well.

There is a charge if you want all the high end, personalized alerts to your wireless unit/PDA whatever. Quite a few people do it, and I think it is $10 or $15 a month. But, you don't have to use it (the additional services that is) and I would venture most don't. The FLica services that the company provides free are more than the average Joe needs and pretty neat stuff and you can access it from the WWW from any computer or device that has internet access.

C yaaa

jetblue320 said:
The FLica services that the company provides free are more than the average Joe needs and pretty neat stuff and you can access it from the WWW from any computer or device that has internet access.

C yaaa

Thats way cool.

Our version of FLICA is $10 per month, its not updated more than once per month and I think they have the computer set to "autodeny" any and all drop or trade requests. Its actually hilarious. Was looking at another guys 30 requests to trade or drop and all of them had been denied. I guess I'm glad to know its just my scheduling department and not the FLICA product.

Latest resources

Back