Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgewoodpilot

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what the deal was at Jetblue and whether they are ever hiring. In addition what is the schedule like and do the dispatchers belong to a union. Thanks.

Prepare to find yourself shacked up with about 3-4 others in a crash pad if you get hired by them. If that's your thing, have at it.

Actually I currently live in NY with the wife and kids. Don't think they would enjoy that. But thanks for all the answers to my questions.......:confused:

I'm not sure there's any/many B6 guys here. That said, here's what little I know about the place...

As of right now, B6 dispatch is a non-union shop. In fact, the airline is non-union across all workgroups. Their pilots just voted down proposed ALPA representation in the last month or so.

I am unsure of their scheduling. Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

B6 was hiring back in November and I think they've had a class since then. While I can't speak to when they will hire again, it has seemed that they hire a little more often than most of the majors, probably a combination of turnover and growth (likely more turnover these days). From what I understand, much of their turnover comes from people unable to adjust to living in the city on the pay. However, if you already live within daily commuting distance from Forest Hills (keep in mind that they're moving into the Brewster Building in Long Island City, Queens next year), you may be just the kind of person they're looking for.

Their starting pay for dx is 50k. You could probably make another 5k in OT. Be advised they don't pay any sort of re-location, not even a month in a hotel while you look for a place to live. Of course, if you're local, that won't play in to your decision.

Latest resources

Back