• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB dispatchers....any HQ news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had dinner with one of my JB friends recently and he told me the move was in the works. Looks like JB might be getting some sunny digs.

AAAHHHH sun, sand, surf....

That really stinks, I was really hoping they would move. I would love to work for JetBlue.....but I am not going to move and raise my family in New York. I'm sure New York is a fine place to live, but I would think more so if you were single.

Dude, with all due respect... (this has been bugging me for a while) it's in pretty bad taste to publicly wish for a company to whisk jobs geographically away from people in your field so you can vulture those jobs. What makes you think you'd have been hired, anyway? From what I can tell on this board you're an opportunist with an ego and no particular sense of loyalty. I don't think JetBlue goes for those types usually.

NWS.. I don't think he or any of us were wishing for loss of jobs.. the news reports here in Orlando said they would be hiring 200 locally as part of the new aircraft they were getting..plus they are expanding operations at their training facility here at MCO.. I also have good friends there in dispatch.. several are leaving anyway.. and they did post for dispatchers about 2 months ago, If I recall right...

There alot of nomads on this board, meaning people looking for work.. so unless you know something about this member that I don't, and its possible, I think your being a little hard on him/her.. and assuming the worst...

And Yea.. I would have loved to see them move here and would have applied as well if the opportunity had happened as a result of the company G.O. move to MCO.. I am not wishing anyone i'll will, or bad luck... and I don't think this member is either.. JMHO..

One other thing.. I for the life of me can not figure out why more airlines dont have their HQ's down here.. maybe there is some economic reason, or just the employee base as you mentioned..
There is tons of room at MCO for building.. and the incentives the state and city are offering some really substiantial incentives to new business.. Nice weather.. I dont know..

Last edited:
NWS.. I don't think he or any of us were wishing for loss of jobs.. the news reports here in Orlando said they would be hiring 200 locally as part of the new aircraft they were getting..plus they are expanding operations at their training facility here at MCO.. I also have good friends there in dispatch.. several are leaving anyway.. and they did post for dispatchers about 2 months ago, If I recall right...

There alot of nomads on this board, meaning people looking for work.. so unless you know something about this member that I don't, and its possible, I think your being a little hard on him/her.. and assuming the worst...

And Yea.. I would have loved to see them move here and would have applied as well if the opportunity had happened as a result of the company G.O. move to MCO.. I am not wishing anyone i'll will, or bad luck... and I don't think this member is either.. JMHO..

One other thing.. I for the life of me can not figure out why more airlines dont have their HQ's down here.. maybe there is some economic reason, or just the employee base as you mentioned..
There is tons of room at MCO for building.. and the incentives the state and city are offering some really substiantial incentives to new business.. Nice weather.. I dont know..

I don't know why airline's HQ's are where they are anyway. Part of the industry I guess. But there are some messed up places where Dispatch offices are located. Either in a crap city or a location so expensive a Dispatcher pay gets you mediocre living at best. With that said, I agree with you that MCO would provide a better standard of living than most of these places for those of us that don't get executive pay. NYC and SFO top that list.

Latest resources

Back