JB A320 upgrade time plummets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

Not sure how long this will last. However the last system bid that just came out has A320 captain going junior to E190 captain. 3 yrs and 7 months on property held A320 captain in this most recent bid. Granted you will be on reserve for 5 years or so. Will never see a weekend, holiday, or summer vacation off for a long time, but sub 4 year A320 upgrade hasn't happened at JB for quite a while. Just a little FYI for the masses. Also I believe 95 or so FO slots went unfilled in the most recent bid as well. I see at least that many more hires needed before the year is out. I am sure the class of 50 that started today will cover many of those vacancies. Also it sounds like the window will open in July sometime.

Very unique bid. Lots of guys who recently upgraded to 190 are seat locked still. Thats why 320 Ca dropped so low.

And it only dropped low for the JFK 320 CA slots, I don't think you'll see FLL/LGB/MCO or even BOS get down to that level.

Just curious, what's driving the massive hiring/promotions at Jb? A lot of turnover at the top (guys leaving) or huge aircraft orders, or both? Last I checked, JB wasn't expanding THAT much. Great to see the movement though.

Some attrition, quite a bit of growth and impact from FAR 117. Also, premium pay went away for the most part so pilots aren't picking up open time as aggressively.

Should have almost 3000 pilots and 200 ACFT by years end. Not a lot of attrition so far but may pick up as year progresses. Many folks still pick up the extra time as before IMO.

8/12/15/15/15/15 airbus deliveries per year for 2014-2019

Atleast 55 attits so far this year according to a guy keeping track on our web board. 5 leaving last month with most of them going to delta. I would expect more as delta continues to increase off the street hiring now that they have accommodated their flow through quota for the year.

Latest resources

Back