• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CooCooTim said:
"I am sure it is also the right tank on the Seminole."

Bobby,
It draws fuel from the left tank.

And to answer someone else's question, yes, it is a 45,000 BTU heater that burns .5 gal an hour from the left fuel selector.

If the Janitrol heater keeps popping the overheat breaker, located outside of the cockpit normally on the heater, it is BROKE and should be repaired before further use. It is located on the heater to prevent inflight FIRES and by reseting it at each landing you are just bypassing this important safety feature. I have well over 5000 hr in light twins with Janitrol or Southwind heaters and have never had one that blew the breaker regularly that did not have a mechanical problem. Do not keep reseting the breaker and do not let anyone tell you it is normal. If anyone remembers the actor Ricky Nelson, his DC-3 caught fire because the crew kept resetting the breaker on a heater located under the cabin floor secured by a screwed down panel. It popped so often they just removed the screws so they could access the overheat switch as required. The crew survived the pax did not.

When you fly with a Janitrol heater dress like you don't have one. I have too many hours with frosted headset mike and frozen feet when the thing blew out, wouldn't lite or the infamous cb popped.Make sure the AD is complied with every 100 hours, very important to make sure that you don't get any carbon monoxide in the cabin. On the Aztec and PA-31 it was one gallon an hour out of the right tank if I remember correctly.

Latest resources

Back