Jan 7 at DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigShow

I was hoping for Dec 3 at DAL but I still have not got a call for class. Has anyone gotten the call for Jan 7 and if so, when did you interview? Thanks

A buddy of mine is in it; he was offered December but deferred it until January due to his 8.5 month preggo wife.

Kermitt 99, when did you get the call? I interviewed 10/23 and still waiting. When were you cleared for training?

Just a note for all you guys waiting for a call from Brian Bolt. DO NOT CALL HIM. I am in class with him right now and last week he told us about someone calling his cell phone wondering why he didn't make it in the Dec class. Brian was shocked. If you haven't figured it out Brian is basically your boss while you are a new hire here in training. You don't want Brian to already have noticed you in a negative light ahead of Day1. Brian mentioned that he wrote this guys name down specifically after the phone call. Big mistake for whoever that was.

By the way - Brian is also an awesome guy, you guys will love him! He really takes care of the classes and has a great perspective on the future of this company. An inspiration from day 1. Enjoy!

Just a note for all you guys waiting for a call from Brian Bolt. DO NOT CALL HIM. I am in class with him right now and last week he told us about someone calling his cell phone wondering why he didn't make it in the Dec class. Brian was shocked. If you haven't figured it out Brian is basically your boss while you are a new hire here in training. You don't want Brian to already have noticed you in a negative light ahead of Day1. Brian mentioned that he wrote this guys name down specifically after the phone call. Big mistake for whoever that was.

By the way - Brian is also an awesome guy, you guys will love him! He really takes care of the classes and has a great perspective on the future of this company. An inspiration from day 1. Enjoy!
You have a boss while a pilot at DAL? He gets upset when someone calls asking a question? Sounds like ALPA needs to get involved to put this intimidation to a stop. Wonder how the general would feel?

You have a boss while a pilot at DAL? He gets upset when someone calls asking a question? Sounds like ALPA needs to get involved to put this intimidation to a stop. Wonder how the general would feel?

That is really stupid.

Last edited:

I sure hope you are joking!

Guys he is one of the few the pulls all of the strings in DAL hiring. After the pilots give you the nod he takes over. If you piss in his Cheerios, I guarantee you that it will follow your employment jacket to your retirement day. He takes notes about everyone in class and they are forwarded to the CP's
Note to the wise. No cross talk in class, no getting up when class is in session, be back from breaks on time, etc. He takes note of that and it would be best if you just did not do it. Make it easy for yourselves. Be a saint and there will be noting to worry about.
Remember that DAL had 45 mins with you. He gets two weeks. If he sees an issue, they will look at it and take care of it. I have seen it happen. He is a awesome person, but do not take advantage of that.

Latest resources

Back