Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jan 2011 CO1100-1299 op by CRJ7/ERJ7

It is a scope violation. UAL management has gotten a bit creative with this one. There will not be any scope relief from Continental pilots. Management is finally starting to see the light, no scope relief can ever be counted on. So they have, "gone long" with this move. Aggressive move in the part of UAL managers.

I hope it doesn't get ugly with SkyWest, and Shuttle America, but the flying they plan to do is in direct violation of our contract. If UAL management doesn't put an end to their plans, look for some interesting developments in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I thought UA and CO were merging..... You realy did'nt think they would keep a first class RJ on DEN-COS when they could put it on IAH-OMA and get 10x the first class revenue.... In the end it's going to be one big United and there going to fan out the first class RJ's into CO's old Hubs.. The very logical thing for them to do from a airline stand point..

The very logical thing for them to do from a airline stand point..

Wow profound analysis! Nevermind that little legal issue of contractual limitation that is the only good part of CAL contract '02. Hey think how awesome it would be if u replaced all UAL flown widebody flying with a contract carrier! Logical thing to do from management's perspective...

I thought UA and CO were merging..... You realy did'nt think they would keep a first class RJ on DEN-COS when they could put it on IAH-OMA and get 10x the first class revenue.... In the end it's going to be one big United and there going to fan out the first class RJ's into CO's old Hubs.. The very logical thing for them to do from a airline stand point..

You have to realize that maybe 1% of the passengers sitting in CAL's First Class actually paid for it. The rest of them are Elite Access that stood at the gate podium demanding their upgrade.

Yep and the teens continue to think it's their flying. Time fo UAL Mgmt. to be given and arse kicking in court.

The latest!!!!

Nov. 8, 2010

SCOPE UPDATE
This is an update on the status of management’s plan to place the CO code on United Express flights using 70-seat jets to and from CLE, EWR and IAH. As previously communicated, less than two weeks ago, we met with the Company to clearly express our objections and to formally request their contractual justification. We received their response last week, at which time we also received their request for a more complete explanation of why we believe their actions are a violation of Section 1 of the Continental CBA.

We have now provided that to the Company, along with our steadfast insistence that they confirm to us, no later than this Wednesday, Nov. 10, that they have ceased and desisted with their plans. As I have said before and I will repeat now—we are prepared to use all appropriate legal vehicles to bring resolution to this issue and ultimately prevent outsourcing in violation of our current CBA. We will provide you with additional updates as more information becomes available.

One Union. One Voice.

Capt. Jay Pierce
CAL MEC Chairman
Union Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT M-F.

"Don't worry, we got this"..............WTF

Yes Juan..... Dumb, dumb, dumb sums up your response.

Latest resources

Back