• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jamaica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get out of the airplane at Kingston - biggest shiitehole I've been to in years. Some nice people here and there, but you feel like your life is in jeopardy most of the time... Mo'Bay is much, much nicer...

Make SURE you put yourself up at a resort. Not a hotel, a RESORT. And whatever you do, DON'T LEAVE THE RESORT. Live at the pool and hotel bar. If you leave, you're subject to getting shot, killed, beat up, robbed, or attacked by killer chickens.

On a funny side note, the only time I've been there, when I was clearing customs, the customs inspector lady asked me if I was bringing any drugs into Jamaica. I was like 'What the hell??? Isn't that like bringing Slim-Fast into Ethiopia?"

At Montego Bay try to leave the plane fueled before you leave for the hotel. It takes forever to get things done at this airport. All the handlers are VERY slow.
Don't rely on handlers to make hotel res for you. But besides that enjoy the beach.

Universal has made us look bad more then good. I'm up to $10000 in custom violations because of them..Twice I had to fly around Cuba because they forgot our over flights. Got fined for flying thru Chile's airspace. Almost got shot in Columbia because they forgot to update locals. So be very carefull when letting Universal do all your flight planning and customs..
G100driver said:
Call Universal NOW and have them arrange a Cuban overflight permit. I believe it takes 48-72 hours to process.

If you have them arrange handling the trip will be easy and they will make you look good.

Latest resources

Back