Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Think we're going to be going to Kingston, Jamaica next week in our Learjet 31A. Perhaps some of our more experienced international/carribean operators will have some pointers.

Call Universal NOW and have them arrange a Cuban overflight permit. I believe it takes 48-72 hours to process.

If you have them arrange handling the trip will be easy and they will make you look good.

Thanks, got Universal working with overflight permits and have talked to them... Any tricks during the overfight to worry about ???

I think we're going to end up somewhere other than Kingston...

Flying over Cuba is a peice of cake. No tricks. The only bummer is you cannot land there. A "Canadian" friend of mine was there last year and told me that it is like stepping back in time. Nothing has changed since the revolution in 1959. They are still driving T-Birds dancing to 50's rock and roll.

Kingston.

forgettaboutit.

what a $hithole. pure savages.

Baseops in Houston sells Cuban overflight permits and handling for about 1/2 what universal charges. They can also get Cuban overflights in about 60 minutes if needed for $245 each way. I always used them when going to Cayman/ Jamaica/ Costa Rica. I also second the advice to stay out of Kingston. If you wind up anywhere else, you'll be OK. Just don't leave the hotel grounds, or get to close to the fences...

Kingairrick said:
Baseops in Houston sells Cuban overflight permits and handling for about 1/2 what universal charges. They can also get Cuban overflights in about 60 minutes if needed for $245 each way. I always used them when going to Cayman/ Jamaica/ Costa Rica. I also second the advice to stay out of Kingston. If you wind up anywhere else, you'll be OK. Just don't leave the hotel grounds, or get to close to the fences...

Thanks, we're now going to Montego Bay...

In Montego Bay, I stayed at Breezes. All inclusive resort, fairly close to the airport. The food is not great, but the drinks are included so you probably won't notice. It has a good beach, with a decent beach bar that is not part of the hotel. Use cash, the beach bar charged my card twice. (I disputed and was reimbursed.) IF you leave the hotel, you will be accosted by every male in Jamaica attempting to sell you their sister/weed/authentic (made in China) souveniers. Now if you can swing a room at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall (where your pax will be) it's a whole 'nother story.

Latest resources

Back