• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JAL, Delta seen forming business ties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More like closer to 2 billion just to get what UAL/CAL (will) have.

So much for trying to keep up with the Jones'

WRONG. We are ponying up about $500 million, and the other SkyTeam members are giving the rest. If we get Haneda slots from that and the ability to expand, that will be worth it. What will UAL/CAL have after a merger? A heck of a mess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

JAL joining Skyteam will be good for Delta and very bad for AA. Anyone flying out of Tokyo knows that Haneda is the preferred airport over Narita because of it's location. It is a win-win for Delta with the Haneda slots and partnership with JAL. The real question is how much of the interport flying will continue to be flown by Delta pilots. My guess is very little but we will see a significant increase in US to Asia/Japan flying if all is approved.

I would not count AMR out yet. Yes DAL's President flew to NRT yesterday and is probably starting a very nice dinner with his JAL counterparts, but until the deal is signed, I would not count AMR out!

Just sayin......

We did up to a few weeks ago. They are doing heavy checks on them as well at Pinion Air Park.

Hence my point. :) Someone's gotta keep the Gen a least a little bit in check.

What will be very interesting is the ALPA JV agreement that comes out of this.

Hence my point. :) Someone's gotta keep the Gen a least a little bit in check.

What will be very interesting is the ALPA JV agreement that comes out of this.

Keep me in check? That isn't your job. I was correct, we have some A330s out of service, in the desert or Pinal Air Park---wherever.

And yes, we need to watch ALPA and make sure they don't allow the JalWays pilots (expats) to contract on with us, or any other entity. IF we get extra flying, we should fly it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And yes, we need to watch ALPA and make sure they don't allow the JalWays pilots (expats) to contract on with us, or any other entity. IF we get extra flying, we should fly it.

Your news are a little outdated there GL, there are no contract pilots with JAL anymore with the exception of a hand full of guys flying the E-175's out of Nagoya.

Latest resources

Back