Jackson Hole

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratman560

Hey guys, just curious what do all you Jackson Hole operators do while hanging out in Jackson? We spend a ton of time there and was just curious if I was missing anything.

Go to Bubba's for some Q;) !

In the winter, skiing is about it. As much as I love to ski, I actually prefer the summer, when you can hike, white water raft, or rent a Harley.

I've been horseback riding..that was in August, though. Eating..the Merry Pigglets has good mexican and margaritas and the Blue Lion has wild game. Fly fishing, again that was in August but you may still be able to do that. I've always wanted to go snomobiling. maybe a dogsled tour

The Hole

Hey guys, just curious what do all you Jackson Hole operators do while hanging out in Jackson? We spend a ton of time there and was just curious if I was missing anything

I want the gig you have. There is so much to do there. Signal Mt Lodge in GTNP during the summer....great margaritas & nachos on Jackson Lake with boating and swimming.
In town the Blue Lion for there famous rack of lamb and of course the Brew Pub on Millward st for great beer and food.

Winter...ski, snowboard, snowmobile, hot springs south of town, snowshoe.

Summer...rafting, fly fishing, hiking, biking, para sailing, golf, etc etc

PM me if you need more. I am a former resident JH

Check out paragliding at Teton village. The guys I found would launch there in the morning. We also launched from Snow King, downtown near the rodeo arena. You may want to drive to the Targee side thru Teton pass for parasailing at Driggs field. Last summer we were soaring with the Eagles while ridge running. For rafting I recommend Barker Ewing. Best place to stay for the money is Homewood suites (Hilton) even though it's a bit of a drive from the arpt. PM me if you want more.

UGAflyer said:
Eating..the Merry Pigglets has good mexican and margaritas

Merry Pigglets rock. Also there is a great BBQ place along the main Strip.

And then there's Dick Cheney's annual No WMD Go F**K Yourself Neocon-a-Pallooza Beerfest and Hog Roast Jamboree, at the ranch and open to all. Leave your car keys in the spitoon at the door!

Go check out the Warbird cafe over at the Driggs airport. Doc Sugden's collection is pretty dang sweet...only civilian T-2 buckeye in the world, an FJ-4 (naval F-86), couple a migs, N3N, albatross, etc. Good food too. If you do ski, Grand Targhee historically has better snow than Jackson, and is usually much less crowded. If you want to take a little drive, head down to the Aviat factory in Afton. You can see Huskies and Pitts being assembled. In the summer...stay OFF the Teton River if you fish-it's terrible! I tell you this for my own good...

Latest resources

Back