Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: The next question is...

de727ups said:
Even if you have the JAA license, how easy is it to get a job in Europe if you are only a US citizen.

Same as here, you must have the legal right to work...

Also some airlines will require to speak the language. The only one I know of that doesn't is SAS; English is just fine, but they want you to start learning a scandinavian language if they hire you.

Buck

There has been a slight demand for B737NG FAA certified crew in Europe and the Middle East and some of the operators use US Citizens.

Re: The next question is...

de727ups said:
Even if you have the JAA license, how easy is it to get a job in Europe if you are only a US citizen.

You're right... Most of the jobs (not all) available in Europe require that you be a national of the country offering the job, or in the case of the European Community, a national of one the member countries. In my case, eventhough I am a US citizen, I was previously a Spanish citizen and can renew my citizenship, as Spain recognizes dual citizenship, and is a member of the European Community. It's still a "moonshot" to go through the licensing conversion process though...:(

Latest resources

Back