• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, I thought you guys were talking about having to sit around your Gateway's FBO all day. I live about 15 minutes from the FBO in CLT. At Mesa our min overnight is only 9 hours from block in to block out. If I did my math right at NetJets it's 11.5 hours. (30 minute post flight, 1 hour prior showtime). When I get CLT RON's I always go home since I can usually get their faster than the hotel.

Lrjet55 said:
AirBear8,

The company knows where you are at all times. After every leg we call in to give the times of the last flight and check on changes for the next leg.

You cant go home because you will rarely, if ever, have an overnight at your gateway. If you do then go home if you dont live to far away. Only you know if its worth going home on a 10 hour turn.

You cant go to the hotel until the company releases you to go. Go early if you want but if they catch you or if something happens like a trip pops and your not ready within an hour you'll probaly get in trouble or canned.

Its all a game... They started sending crews out to sit stby at the fbo at 6am when trips were not till the afternoon. It pissed us all off having to leave the hotel before breakfast was served and no catering was ordered for stby at FBO. If they called for a recovery I told them we are heading to a resturant before we fly. I took this wonderful time that I could have been sleeping or watching the IN-laws on Jerry Springer. I had them move the plane to a nice warm hangar and change clothes and start a nice long s l o w preflight. When its an hour before showtime I call them and break the bad news and start faxing the small book of squaks. Now I can finally call logistics and get my old hotel room back. If they say stay there I wait for the mx guy to show and assist him taking panels and cowlings off so I can get a better look for more writeups...When they always tell you call back in 20 for hotels. I just make my own arrangements go check in with my handy corp amex then call in and let them know where I am at. I dont put up with the over 14 hrs either.. If they schedule me for 14 and the pax get late I chuck in the oh I am sooo fatigued card.. I just know I will be sooo tired during the landing phase...They hate it and the owner does too. Sorry about the inconvienence but it is in the best interest of safety and I tell them the time I was released yesterday and the time I got called by mismatch this morning. Also guys should wear a button that tells the owners and crews what day you are on so we all can figure out who the OT losers are.. I just love the guy that did 50 something days straight (Plow)not naming names. I dont care who you are but that many days of 14/10 you are gonna make a mistake--I just hope its a little one..

Galaxy said:
Its all a game... They started sending crews out to sit stby at the fbo at 6am when trips were not till the afternoon. It pissed us all off having to leave the hotel before breakfast was served and no catering was ordered for stby at FBO. If they called for a recovery I told them we are heading to a resturant before we fly. I took this wonderful time that I could have been sleeping or watching the IN-laws on Jerry Springer. I had them move the plane to a nice warm hangar and change clothes and start a nice long s l o w preflight. When its an hour before showtime I call them and break the bad news and start faxing the small book of squaks. Now I can finally call logistics and get my old hotel room back. If they say stay there I wait for the mx guy to show and assist him taking panels and cowlings off so I can get a better look for more writeups...When they always tell you call back in 20 for hotels. I just make my own arrangements go check in with my handy corp amex then call in and let them know where I am at. I dont put up with the over 14 hrs either.. If they schedule me for 14 and the pax get late I chuck in the oh I am sooo fatigued card.. I just know I will be sooo tired during the landing phase...They hate it and the owner does too. Sorry about the inconvienence but it is in the best interest of safety and I tell them the time I was released yesterday and the time I got called by mismatch this morning. Also guys should wear a button that tells the owners and crews what day you are on so we all can figure out who the OT losers are.. I just love the guy that did 50 something days straight (Plow)not naming names. I dont care who you are but that many days of 14/10 you are gonna make a mistake--I just hope its a little one..

Galaxy,

If I ever decide to fly the fracs....I'd be happy to raise your gear.
All you Kool-aid drinkers should pay attention. And your union dues : )

Daj Vu.....memory check

Let me get this right...you grow up looking through the fences at airports wait and wanting to be a pilot, then you finally go through all that training to get your ratings, PPL, Inst, Com, Multi, CFI, CFII and then slave for weeks, months and years as a CFI to build time...500 hours, 1000 hours, 1500 hours as you beg for every charter that comes around, dream of flying all those turbo-props that stop in the FBO...finally you get some quality time in them, maybe get typed and build more time just waiting to get to the magical point in space where you can start applying for a "real flying" job...and be competitve.

Then the resumes start flying you continue to teach, fly charters, and beg for turbine time...1800 hours, and then your interviews start dribbling in....now your begging for that regional job...someone, anyone, the wait continues...you keep interviewing....and walla...someone finally offers you a job!...2000 hours!

Its been years since the days of looking through the fence and watching in amazement as those airplanes took flight...you have forgotten the pain indured getting to where you are now...

And now your siting in the FBO's of the country, with that shiney jet out there on the Tarmack that is all yours to fly.....and your complaining about your scheduling department.....boy seems you need a memory check and how you got to where you are...

Remember there are thousands of people that are where you "where" waiting for their turn to sit on on that FBO couch....Good luck, but as you can see by the other posters, the grass is not that green on the other side of the fence, you have alot more flexibility in your flying than most especially in the 121 world.....Just be Happy!

Last edited:
Kettle calling the pot black...

RVSM410,

Are you really telling someone to quit whining? You are one of the biggest whiners on this website. Get over it!!!!

And now your siting in the FBO's of the country, with that shiney jet out there on the Tarmack that is all yours to fly.....and your complaining about your scheduling department.....boy seems you need a memory check and how you got to where you are...
I could totaly see this guy being first in line for PFT just because he will be happy flying a jet! Moron!

Its people like this who kill the industry. They dont understand people have bills to pay, mortgages, kids tuition, medical expenses.

Ignorance sure is bliss when you a fooking moron!

Last edited:
He'd have to learn to fly first....

another know nothing who has NEVER worked as a pilot in his life ... mouthing off about the working conditions of those who do work as pilots.

Just Hillarious.

See now you got me all wrong!!!! I did not grow up hangin on the fence at the airport.. The fence in our neighborhood was to keep us out of the good neighborhoods and was a great obstacle for the police when the Krusty vs. Johnny D. Law 5K was going on.

I wanted to be a pimp. Yea thats right! get all the booty and most of the money. For exercise you can smack around the non-productive girls. But life did not work out that way.

My folks could not afford to send me to college so I had to join the military to get money as Mr. Lee from the liquor store started packing heat and would fire first in a hold-up. Then after years and years of service living in dirt holes protecting the country I escaped and continued a civilian career only to find out I hated the job and wanted to shoot almost everyone I met. Wish I had met you then..:) I had to start flying from scratch and did it for fun with that tax free money I was taking from my kids selling crack in the old neighborhood. You must be a lucky guy to not have to complain about the wages and treatment you are getting. Must be nice to graduate college and have no bills. Also must be nice not having a family due to you can't afford one or Mom and Dad subsidise that too so they can be proud and say their little Johnny works as an airline pilot for american. They of course forgot to say the Eagle in front of it. They also fail to mention they have been buying you cars since you were 16yrs old and also make your rent for you.
Ok, now for the serious part. Most of the folks in this business are in it because they love to fly.. I have never met anyone in it and happy about Comair as a career. Or a corp jet FO for the same pay as a 711 mgr. You devalue your school degree and your FAA ratings just to get that coveted position. Just wait and all the planes will come in due time.. But by taking that CRJ FO or C550 FO job for under 20K a year you tell the rest of the world you think nothing at all of your degree or ratings. You are empowering the company and feeding the system. Why is it a guy can go to school for say computer engineer and make a 50K yr salary the first yr out of school for only a fraction of the school debt? And most pilots wander the roads with 130K+ in debt and hit thier knees thanking GOD for the 15K CFI job. If we are to be treated as professionals then we must act as them thar pro's. This means you should come wash my car so you can hear me say " Sure I'll walk your resume in".
Think of what you are saying.........the reality bus is coming down the street prepare to get on it......You can't feed your family on all those free peanuts you can steal from the plane.. Oh and all that crap about doing the job for free.....say that to my face and I will give you a crash axe tattoo!!! Those days are gone..just like the days of the possibility if the 200K UAL career. Now its the 60K commuter of frax job.. If this ASAP thing don't work-I am going back to the high speed, low altitude generic black market pharmacutical transport pilot.. I hear IT pays well.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back